Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

anyway appears Sidwell is being linked with Man Ure, Chelsea

is he mad ???

or money driven ?

Ambitious ?

Is it ambitious to go to a team and probably end up on the bench or on a seat in Stamford Bridge?

He will probably break into the first eleven...and it is as true as Reading will win Premier next season. He will halt his career and soon be forgotten...

Chelsea are making their team stronger...yes...but will the players like to sit most of the next season on the bench? Is that to be ambitious? Chelsea are ambitious...the players are moneyhunting ho's.

How do you know that he might not be a new first choice. Why should he be going there to sit on the bench.

He's moving from Reading FFS, to a club that is challenging in Europe and domestically. Ambitious yes, but who knows if it will pay off :roll:

Is Sidwell that good? Do you really think he kicks out Lampard, Ballack, Makelele, Geremi or Essien from a central position?Only if Chelsea decides to sell...Sidwell is good...but not in the same class as those players!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bent will join Spurs on Monday, and Defoe will join us next week. That's a fact.

You heard it here first. Well, almost first.

wouldn't suprise me at all tbh

i've been thinking this would happen for a week or so

don't let the deluded one's hear you say this though, they still think we can beat Spurs to Bent :?

At least the "deluded one's" don't HOPE Spurs beat us in getting Bent!!, like certain members here do!! :roll:

Never mind though, i'm sure Spurs will beat us again like they did with Ashley Young.

no one hopes that what so ever, its called being a realist, which i wouldn't expect you to know much about

yeh you've got a point with Young, oh no actually you haven't they didn't want to pay the 9.5 million as it wasn't value for money, so they was never in the running to sign him anyway.

It was out of us and West Ham, they offered 7 million plus Davenport, but he went to West Ham instead, as he didn't want to join Watford.

Oh and to the people moaning about Defoe, i don't particularly want him but i think he will come, in a perfect world for me we would be signing Robbie Keane but my money is on either Bellamy or Defoe being our number 9 next season.

and out of the two i'd prefer Defoe

Is Sidwell that good? Do you really think he kicks out Lampard, Ballack, Makelele, Geremi or Essien from a central position?Only if Chelsea decides to sell...Sidwell is good...but not in the same class as those players!

Sidwell is going to be mister carling and FA cup man, when fat frank and Ba££ack get tired and cant be bothered to turn up against the macclesfields and millwalls of this world.

And if Sidwell is happy with that then more fool him!

So he shouldn't even try? Fair play to him and good luck. Nothing wrong with having faith in your ability.

Sam, my info was that Spurs were prepared to pay that much for Young but Boothroyd advised him to go to Villa and Young prefered Villa too.

You may or may not believe it as you're a "realist" but its true nonetheless.

Bent may prefer Spurs and we might not even be interested in him. Who knows? But as for a choice between the two clubs, its far from a foregone conclusion and in fact, there is precedent for one player choosing Villa even though our stock was lower then than it is now.

With Defoe you know he'll get you at least 15 goals a season. He is an awsome finisher and has a killer instinct. Gabby has excellent potential but no can say whether he'll get us 15+ goals a season. Defoe along with Carew would be a deadly force! I think Defoe is more of an intellegent player than Gabby.

I am concerned with Carew's fitness... I think he'll play 70-80% of the season so it is important to have THREE top class forwards - Carew, Gabby and Defoe with Moore as backup.

Keane or Defoe? I'd go for Defoe as he is much younger and i can see MON getting the best out of him

Bent will join Spurs on Monday, and Defoe will join us next week. That's a fact.

You heard it here first. Well, almost first.

wouldn't suprise me at all tbh

i've been thinking this would happen for a week or so

don't let the deluded one's hear you say this though, they still think we can beat Spurs to Bent :?

At least the "deluded one's" don't HOPE Spurs beat us in getting Bent!!, like certain members here do!! :roll:

Never mind though, i'm sure Spurs will beat us again like they did with Ashley Young.

no one hopes that what so ever, its called being a realist, which i wouldn't expect you to know much about

yeh you've got a point with Young, oh no actually you haven't they didn't want to pay the 9.5 million as it wasn't value for money, so they was never in the running to sign him anyway.

It was out of us and West Ham, they offered 7 million plus Davenport, but he went to West Ham instead, as he didn't want to join Watford.

Oh and to the people moaning about Defoe, i don't particularly want him but i think he will come, in a perfect world for me we would be signing Robbie Keane but my money is on either Bellamy or Defoe being our number 9 next season.

and out of the two i'd prefer Defoe

You're worryingly very defensive about Spurs here!! :roll: , and you're not making sense, they wanted Young and was even said to be ready to "hijack" our deal, if they couldn't afford to pay the going rate then WE BEAT THEM, it's as simple as that, although no doubt you'll try and dress it up another way to suit your feeble argument,

As i said some members here love Spurs.

EDIT: And as us mods have said - on topic please, discuss peoples' alleged love for Spurs elsewhere - 306

You're worryingly very defensive about Spurs here!! :roll: , and you're not making sense, they wanted Young and was even said to be ready to "hijack" our deal, if they couldn't afford to pay the going rate then WE BEAT THEM, it's as simple as that, although no doubt you'll try and dress it up another way to suit your feeble argument,

Yeah you're one seen as you cant shut up about them.

What is this **** spurs debate going on in the transfer thread also, its spoiling it for those who couldn't give a stuff about spurs and just want to discuss rumours and speculation as the thread name suggests.

EDIT: Spot on, So if you want to talk about Spurs make an off topics thread please people - 306

anyway appears Sidwell is being linked with Man Ure, Chelsea

is he mad ???

or money driven ?

Ambitious ?

Is it ambitious to go to a team and probably end up on the bench or on a seat in Stamford Bridge?

He will probably break into the first eleven...and it is as true as Reading will win Premier next season. He will halt his career and soon be forgotten...

Chelsea are making their team stronger...yes...but will the players like to sit most of the next season on the bench? Is that to be ambitious? Chelsea are ambitious...the players are moneyhunting ho's.

How do you know that he might not be a new first choice. Why should he be going there to sit on the bench.

He's moving from Reading FFS, to a club that is challenging in Europe and domestically. Ambitious yes, but who knows if it will pay off :roll:

Players develop when they play with better players. Wenger himself said that he thought that Sidwell could play at the highest level. Only time will tell, and he has a good chance as any at Chelsea.

Anyway, Ballack has been shit, and so has Geremi.

You're worryingly very defensive about Spurs here!! Rolling Eyes , and you're not making sense, they wanted Young and was even said to be ready to "hijack" our deal, if they couldn't afford to pay the going rate then WE BEAT THEM, it's as simple as that, although no doubt you'll try and dress it up another way to suit your feeble argument,

Jesus wept, you need to take off your claret and blue tinted glasses

do you honestly think at this moment in time we can beat Spurs for players? even though they have a much much stronger team and are in europe? If it wasn't for them getting to the quarter final of the UEFA cup they wopuld have probably broke the top 4 this season

i can't believe i have to argue this, maybe in a year or two we will be at their level, but at this moment we are far off from them.

i heard that they wasn't willing to pay the transfer fee as they didn't believe it was value for money, which i agree with, or Boothroyd has had a whisper in his ear to come here instead, which is fair enough but without that whisper in his ear i'd be very suprised to see him in birmingham.

But back to the original point, Darren Bent, i think any neutral can tell you where he would go if he had a straight choice between a team in europe with a great chance of winning the UEFA cup in contrast to a team who's solely competing in the premiership.

I couldn't give 2 shit's if you think i support Spurs, the winding up games you like to play doesn't bother me

I'm just able to realise that the whole world doesn't revolve around Aston Villa, and other teams do actually progress and become very good teams as well.

We have a good basis to build a great club, but its about slow progression, we haven't even got into the UEFA cup yet and had the league struggles which accompany it

You're worryingly very defensive about Spurs here!! Rolling Eyes , and you're not making sense, they wanted Young and was even said to be ready to "hijack" our deal, if they couldn't afford to pay the going rate then WE BEAT THEM, it's as simple as that, although no doubt you'll try and dress it up another way to suit your feeble argument,

do you honestly think at this moment in time we can beat Spurs for players? even though they have a much much stronger team and are in europe? If it wasn't for them getting to the quarter final of the UEFA cup they wopuld have probably broke the top 4 this season

i can't believe i have to argue this, maybe in a year or two we will be at their level, but at this moment we are far off from them.

i heard that they wasn't willing to pay the transfer fee as they didn't believe it was value for money, which i agree with, or Boothroyd has had a whisper in his ear to come here instead, which is fair enough but without that whisper in his ear i'd be very suprised to see him in birmingham.

But back to the original point, Darren Bent, i think any neutral can tell you where he would go if he had a straight choice between a team in europe with a great chance of winning the UEFA cup in contrast to a team who's solely competing in the premiership.

I couldn't give 2 shit's if you think i support Spurs, the winding up games you like to play doesn't bother me

I'm just able to realise that the whole world doesn't revolve around Aston Villa, and other teams do actually progress and become very good teams as well.

We have a good basis to build a great club, but its about slow progression, we haven't even got into the UEFA cup yet and had the league struggles which accompany it

No, i'll keep my claret and blue glasses on thanks, i wouldn't bet you've ever worn any though!! :roll: , i'll digress your last piece of rhetoric regarding Spurs, as it's obvious you simply don't understand mine or Mazrim's point of view, and trying to educate you is getting boring now.

Spurs have got a talented squad, but we're hardly years behind them - just a couple of wins. And yes I do think we could beat them for players right now.

There's not much (if anything) between our two club's at all.