Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, because he is not fashionable, expensive or plays for a big club?

If you think thats the only type of players we're going to sign, i think your going to be disappointed.

Why, because he is not fashionable, expensive or plays for a big club?

If you think thats the only type of players we're going to sign, i think your going to be disappointed.

What has this got to do with anything? This is almost like the time you referred to people wanting to have Nike because they were the most trendy.

McShane is probably not any of the things you mentioned above, but he is a United reject, he plays for a club which has let in a lot of goals this season (9 clubs or so have let in fewer), he isn't even playing at right back some says and so on. I haven't seen him much, other than that I think he is an utterly average player like 25 others in the league system.

Sorry to say, but I think there are numerous player better than McShane in the world and I would be very unhappy if we signed him. "You haven't seen him so how can you rate him" you might add, but that isn't really an argument in this case. He CLEARLY isn't good enough yet, and we desperately need someone better with more experience.

What has this got to do with anything? This is almost like the time you referred to people wanting to have Nike because they were the most trendy.

Thats because its true, OT anyway as someone will whip out the better quality line to hide the fact its really about being 'trendy'

Well...I think that Villa needs to attract the "big boys" now and try and find exceptional good talent in youth. Villa will not succeed if we invest in ok players. McShane might be good but he doesnt seem to be a knock out player so I would prefer that MON looks for targets in all Europe to find the best...not the best of the rest.

Come on then? You all think we're gonna buy someone like Puyol. Don't get your hopes up fools. We're not Chelsea.

Ribery wants CL. Omg how many times? We wont be buying world class, even if it is it will be somebody like craig bellamy. CALM DOWN CALM DOWN

Although we may break our transfer record, thoughts of players in Ribery's class are wide of the mark. This is a player who has been touted amongst Europe's ekite, the fella probably has never heard of B'ham and Villa.

Well...Carew was a shock...and I think MON and Lerner are going to take it a step further. I really do think that Villa are going to do big signings, but they are not going to buy the best players in the world this season...or next...but after that IF everything has gone as planned, Villa will compete for the best players in the world within 3-5 years time.

One player that I could see coming to Villa is Michael Owen. Another player that I think could suite us is Gabriel Milito. These are the kind of players I do think is possible for Villa...

We're not going to buy Ronaldinho, Puyol, Kaka or anything else...we're just going to take what is up for grabs and what suits MON the best.

It would be quite interesting to see the pair of Milito/Mellberg or Milito/Laursen in the central defence. And it would be hugely exciting to see Carew/Owen or even Young/Carew/Owen in a three man strike force! :winkold:

Thats because its true, OT anyway as someone will whip out the better quality line to hide the fact its really about being 'trendy'

No, it's not, are football jerseys trendy? Not in my book they're not.

The biggest difference between a high-end brand such as Nike and a crap-end brand such as Hummel is the whole catalog, the range of products. I was in the Villa shop in March to maybe buy some training gear as I play football myself, I ended up with a pair of socks and a golf glove! First of all they didn't have my size (and I am a M!), the products were made of lousy fabrics and looked terrible. I found an OK jumper, but XXXL is a little bit over the top.

Nike make better products, better looking products, products that fit better and breathe almost as you didn't wear it. I hate to wear uncomfortable t-wear. If that is what you mean by trendy then so be it, I see nothing wrong with it being "trendy".

I think that everyone will be proud and happy about the vast line of products we are going to get in the shop next season compared to Hummel, which really is a shit brand sorry to say. The bad thing however, they are expensive as hell!

Its funny, we want a striker partner for Carew yet most of you seem to overlook the fact we have an England u21 international who is our top scorer in his FIRST FULL SEASON and won our Young Player of The Year award.

Once upon a time, that kinda thing woulda meant something.

Its funny, we want a striker partner for Carew yet most of you seem to overlook the fact we have an England u21 international who is our top scorer in his FIRST FULL SEASON and won our Young Player of The Year award.

Once upon a time, that kinda thing woulda meant something.

Hear hear!