Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a centreback, a rightback, a midfield destroyer and if possible without breaking the bank a top striker. Other than that, I think Sorensen is good enough for next season. We're not likely to be challenging for Champions League and he's more than good enough for UEFA Cup. Mellberg is good enough at the back but Laursen might need backup and Cahill isn't at the level yet. Gardner and Petrov have shown promise as destroyers in the centre but a top drawer one would be great (Petrov is not known primarily as a defensive mid).

As said, think we have it under our nose in Luke Moore but the question is - do you take the chance..

Man U did with Rooney and succeeded, Arsenal did with Jeffers and failed.

As stated I would be chuffed to bits with either Bent or Ashton, but for both Carew and the long term of hopefully Moore and Gabby I think Bent would be better due to his movement.

However, players like Bent are based on speed (over first 10 yards) once that goes they disappear quicker, whereas Ashton is a poacher a la Shearer, Sheringham and think we would have better long term success with him..

Why not both !!!

Emile Heskey anyone ???? (JOKE !)

Who do you think would form a good partnership for Carew?
A good partner for Gabby would be Carew or Moore :lol: . Backup for Carew - a cheeky bid for Zigic anyone?

And I agree with Sonic_Bouma and what he says about Milner.

We've seen some ridiculous suggestions for strikers on this thread, but I think we have a new winner.

WHY???

Because you have suggested one of the most ineffective strikers to ever play Premier League football?

Jagielka from Sheff Utd would be a good squad buy ..he's very consistent far too talented for Bramall Lane works his socks off too and doesn't get injured...MON player all over

Who we buy for a striker is another matter because for as long as I can remember WHOEVER Villa buy to score goals more often than not just can't score at VP..... then they leave and then score boatloads!!!...ala...Crouch....Savo etc

We've seen some ridiculous suggestions for strikers on this thread, but I think we have a new winner.

WHY???

Because you have suggested one of the most ineffective strikers to ever play Premier League football?

Was just talking to a Man City fan about this fella yesterday, I actually felt quite sorry for Samaras as I felt Pearce played him on the wing. This is actually incorrect. Vassell plays on the wing alot more than Samaras.

It would be fair to say that Samaras is absolutely HATED by Cit-eh fans!

We can do SO much better. Ridiculous suggestion.

On a different issue though, looking at the OS latest headline, looks like MON will definitely be in the hunt for a striker!

Who do you think would form a good partnership for Carew?
A good partner for Gabby would be Carew or Moore :lol: . Backup for Carew - a cheeky bid for Zigic anyone?

And I agree with Sonic_Bouma and what he says about Milner.

Thankyou :D

How about Torres, he is brilliant! :lol:
Yeah! :D

Which is no doubt why Valencia's crummy pair of strikers Villa and Morientes play regularly for Spain at the moment and Torres doesn't. He had a good World Cup. Baroš had a good Euro Nations Cup once IIRC.

Talking of Man City

The lack of transfer speculation on Joey Barton seems very odd.

He is an outstanding player, potentially as good as gerrard and the fact that not a single paper / TV station is speculating on him seems very weird.

Wonder if something has already been sorted ???

Barton seems more of a brute to me than a Gerrard player. His off the ball positioning leaves a lot to be desired for because he is often stood with an opposition between him and his teammate with the ball, making him ineffective. A better McCann, I feel, but not one significantly better to help our revolution!

Mido would be a good back-up to Carew, young as well!

i mentioned Mido a while ago and got panned for it

very decent player in my opinion...although i think he would want to move to a club where he will get regular first team football....coz he aint getting it now

its quite amusing how he bust a gut to move permanently to Spurs and now they want rid of him......ive always admired Spurs' strikeforce though..and would take any of their strikers if it was possible!

mido's a no no

on his day a very good player

but hes the sort of player that if o'neill was to take over the spurs job, mido would be the very first player to be shown the door

hes too inconsitent, and some of his performances this season have been appaulling,

and for barton theres no specualtion because he said he had no interest in moving earlier on in the season, the journalists wouldn't stop speculating because a deal could already be sorted would they? they would tell us about as its there job