Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Did someone mention Richardson?

Jesus wept god no!

Dire for the Eng Under 21, dire for Man Utd got subbed at half time last week i think.

Just basically rubbish.

Playing for Utd doesn't automatically make you good!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't rate either King or Jenas tbh, i really can't see how either of these two could or would improve our status, Boruc on the other hand would be a good addition and i think there could be wind behind this one because i can't see manure wanting too offload foster!

Just another mention i thought we were getting Craig Bellamy anyway.. I remember MON saying "He wants a proven Premiership Goalscorer" which would have Bellamy, Keane, Defoe, etc come to mind.

Another point to add is, did we not get rumours at the start of the season about Saviola? i read it somewhere that it didnt happen becuase he wanted to stay at barcalona and see if he could work his way into the first team, which it appears that he has not done that, making only 7 Apps this season and 11 by sub! scoring 5 goals, which is a good ratio considering, and with Gudjohnson, E'to, and Ronaldinho ahead of him i doubt very much he is going to want another season like this, baring in mind he will be turning 26 in december and wanting first team football! this could be the other striker of maybe 2 we are after.

Your thoughts please!

yeh hes available on a free, i'd like him but MON said on the radio that he didn't rate him and didn't think he was the player he once was.

i really don't see anything wrong with king joining, he won't add to our status no, but he would only be a back up to carew

hes got decent pace, is big and strong so is more than capable of winning the knock downs for his pacey partner and he knows where the goal is

he's not brilliant, but i don't think we can attract anything remotely brilliant as an understudy to the main striker

I like Marlon King he is a decent player and I'm sure would be a good addition for us. If we are to raid the relegated clubs though id much rather have Bent, Ashton or Tevez cheers! Id take King over Harewood though, thats for sure!

Dont think Jenas would leave London to be honest

Why not? He comes from Nottingham...

Jenas moved to London from Newcastle because it suited his lifestyle better, his private life was under far too much scrutiny in the "goldfish bowl" of Tyneside.

I'm not sure how Birmingham would compare in terms of offering him the personal privacy he craves, can anyone comment?

someone tell MON hes manager of Aston Villa not Leicester.

He can go for bigger names than Championship players!

Correct, next we will be talking of signing gifton noel williams, or trevor benjamin!

Hellooo.. we are not under leadership of a man who was time warped era now, to be looking at these type of players like we used to, in the article about king it states "after a poor season being injured" why the hell do we want someone like this? its madness!

Carlos Tevez quality yeah but king, no. we have taken watfords best player IMO and we should leave it there!

Jenas moved to London from Newcastle because it suited his lifestyle better, his private life was under far too much scrutiny in the "goldfish bowl" of Tyneside.

I'm not sure how Birmingham would compare in terms of offering him the personal privacy he craves, can anyone comment?

What is his lifestyle?

What is his lifestyle?

Ahem. He likes to go out to bars and dance and have a generally happy time. Its tough to do that in Newcastle.

I like Marlon King he is a decent player and I'm sure would be a good addition for us. If we are to raid the relegated clubs though id much rather have Bent, Ashton or Tevez cheers! Id take King over Harewood though, thats for sure!

I think Tevez is starting to adapt to the Prem now and a shitty season at the Sham might just put him in good stead for a season at a proper club! He is quicker - both on the ball and off it - than he was at the start of the season and looks more of a Prem player than most foreigners.

I think he would be a good signing and relatively cost effective. He has international pedigree with one of the better national teams and before his days at Sham was a target for Chelski so it might be a good deal....?

Ashton would be good, but you cant bet on his injuries. We already have enough dodgy dereks in the team and we don't need another one regardless of how good he is!

Bent I think would be the best choice though. he has carried Charlton for 2 seasons at least now and is very deserving of an England place if he gets one. Would be another positive home grown addition to the squad.

Saviola? I heard both the Milans' were looking at him! Not sure how true that is, nor am I too sure if he would genuniely come???

someone tell MON hes manager of Aston Villa not Leicester.

He can go for bigger names than Championship players!

got any ideas for anyone better then?

carew wouldn't settle at being with us if we was having a rotation policy, he joined us because we offered him regular first team football

dean ashton wouldn't join us if he thought he wouldn't get many games, as he could go elsewhere and play regularly

tevez isn't the target man we're looking for as back up to carew

bent yeh but he would cost 15 million +, can we spend that much on one player at this time, i'm doubtful

maybe in a few seasons when we are only looking to bring in 1 or 2 players, but we are needing to improve to many positions to be able to splash out over 15 million IMO, unless we somehow manager to get sidwell, distin and saviola on frees which is hardly likely

It seems as though Sidwell definitely and Distin possibly are both looking to move on from their respective clubs this year, it just remains to be seen whether we can finally compete to attract the players everybody else wants???

It seems as though Sidwell definitely and Distin possibly are both looking to move on from their respective clubs this year, it just remains to be seen whether we can finally compete to attract the players everybody else wants???

We managed it with Ashley young and to some extent, Petrov :winkold:

very true

which is why i think that out of all these players that are either getting relegated or finishing a contract, only a maximum of 2 will join us. IF we want them. there will be at least 6 other clubs fighting for the same players signatures.

every club seems to be getting carried away with Sidwell for starters

let newcastle have him

distin - yes please

Tis true and that instils some confidence. However, we have lost out on many occasion before to teams like Everton (Lescott, Beattie), Newcastle (Milner, Parker???), Spurs (Robinson and O'leary's other favourites) etc. the teams we should be competing comfortably with.

We will see

Tis true and that instils some confidence. However, we have lost out on many occasion before to teams like Everton (Lescott, Beattie), Newcastle (Milner, Parker???), Spurs (Robinson and O'leary's other favourites) etc. the teams we should be competing comfortably with.

We will see

All DOL's men,

IMO this will not happen with MON and Lerner, we've got the pulling power again :winkold: