Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

NOTW linking us with Koumas for £5m

I hoep that is a joke, he is simply not good enough and certainly no better than what we have.

that is not the type of quality we need to fulfill our hopes

this link keeps coming up, I hoep it is total shite

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wot a surprise move to Spurs for Ashley Young - with Defoe coming the other way ? - its a long shot - but given that londoners rarley settle in the midlands - and thay Youg doesn't seem to plug a natural gap at villa ???

Wot a surprise move to Spurs for Ashley Young - with Defoe coming the other way ? - its a long shot - but given that londoners rarley settle in the midlands - and thay Youg doesn't seem to plug a natural gap at villa ???

Bollocks.

Less than zero chance of that happening IMO

Sorry - Imeant to to say 'wot about' - I have no basis whatsever - but I just have hunch - that Ashley Young won't be at VP long term - he may well come good , and wouldn't judge him on a handful of games - I just get the feeling even if he brilliant for us - he won't stay long term

I think it is in Jan or maybe just after the window closed that MON mentioned SWP and saying he may go back for him in the summer. I really hope he does. Ashley Young and Shaun Maloney are comfortable on either wing and behind the striker which would give MON real options if he bought Shaun Wright Phillips in aswell.

Any three of Gabby, Luke, Young, Carew, Maloney, SWP and another striker (Bellamy, Defoe, Keane, Nugent, Bent all linked with us) would make an attack fit to take us into Europe.

Add a centre midfielder (Barton, Sidwell, Reo-Coker, Sneijder, Appiah, Flamini) to go with Petrov, Barry, Berger, McCann, Davis, Gardner, and Osbourne would give us a mix of fight, creativity and variety that could both break up the play, protect the defence and supply the ball to the aforementioned forwards.

Add a strong ball playing centre back (Distin, Davies, Abidal, Ben-Haim) to partner either Laursen, Mellberg or Cahill in the centre of defence.

Add a powerful right-back who is both comfortable going forward or defending (Geremi, Dani Alves, Luke Young) thus giving more confidence in a our right sided midfielder or forward to push further forward.

I believe this squad would definately see us challenge for a UEFA Cup spot next season, this squad would give MON options all over the field, make us flexible in attack and defence, would give us steel when needed, flair, pace, goals, clean sheets and most of all a team to be proud of whenever they pull on the claret and blue.

I think it is in Jan or maybe just after the window closed that MON mentioned SWP and saying he may go back for him in the summer. I really hope he does. Ashley Young and Shaun Maloney are comfortable on either wing and behind the striker which would give MON real options if he bought Shaun Wright Phillips in aswell.

Any three of Gabby, Luke, Young, Carew, Maloney, SWP and another striker (Bellamy, Defoe, Keane, Nugent, Bent all linked with us) would make an attack fit to take us into Europe.

Add a centre midfielder (Barton, Sidwell, Reo-Coker, Sneijder, Appiah, Flamini) to go with Petrov, Barry, Berger, McCann, Davis, Gardner, and Osbourne would give us a mix of fight, creativity and variety that could both break up the play, protect the defence and supply the ball to the aforementioned forwards.

Add a strong ball playing centre back (Distin, Davies, Abidal, Ben-Haim) to partner either Laursen, Mellberg or Cahill in the centre of defence.

Add a powerful right-back who is both comfortable going forward or defending (Geremi, Dani Alves, Luke Young) thus giving more confidence in a our right sided midfielder or forward to push further forward.

I believe this squad would definately see us challenge for a UEFA Cup spot next season, this squad would give MON options all over the field, make us flexible in attack and defence, would give us steel when needed, flair, pace, goals, clean sheets and most of all a team to be proud of whenever they pull on the claret and blue.

:thumb:

Thanks for that, Mystic Meg.

I believe that to be PFE, I'm afraid. So cut it out. Would you put forward such a hypothesis were Young not an O'Neill signing? I suspect not.

Pardon me but a tad unfair? Just a little paranoic even? A simple statement of opinion by a poster.

Carlos Queresma from Porto is pure class, I'd love us to show some real ambition and go for him. He's alot like C. Ronaldo.

You mean Ricardo Quaresma I reckon. He is interesting as he uses his outside of his right boot to shoot, which is unique in the football world. You'll know what I mean when you see it. But like I have said a few times, if you think Ronaldo is a cheat (0 cards for diving in the Prem this season btw) then think twice about Quaresma as he is quadruple the artist.

?