Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both good keepers, but Boruc is better. I watch them both week in week out and follow scotland home and away so i've got a better gauge than most.

although both flap at crosses, Boruc has performed at the highest level (inc the World Cup). The comment about a 6M release clause is pish. You'll have to pay 7M at least if you want him. He has 3yrs left on his deal. Bear in mind he's been linked heavily,since the start of the season, with both Arsenal and Milan.

If we went for Nakamura, Balde and shitty players like that I would be pissed but Boruc is world-class.

I would take Nakamura in a heartbeat.. His set piece deliveries are quality and he has pace as well. Better than Nobby Solano anyway!!

If we went for Nakamura, Balde and shitty players like that I would be pissed but Boruc is world-class.

I would take Nakamura in a heartbeat.. His set piece deliveries are quality and he has pace as well. Better than Nobby Solano anyway!!

Nakumura is way too lightweight from what I've seen of him, not sure if he'd be any good in the premiership.

For me, the goalkeeping situation is very simliar to out left back situation. In Sorenson and Bouma, we have 2 very solid reliable players. Who with other similar quality players would be pushing for europe. So therefore in my opinion not a priority position to strengthen. However if a top quality player were to become available such as Boruc, Gordon, Carson, Bridge or Baines at the right price, then we should definately be in for them.

Assuming you can bring in a couple of players:

-----------------------------------Sorenson-----------------------------------------

--*New RB?------------Laursen------------*NEW CB---------------Bouma----

---Young/Maloney-----*NEW DMC--------Petrov------------------Barry--------

-------------------------------------------Agbonlahor/Moore----------------------

---------------------------Carew/*New FC----------------------------------------

Obviously with Young/Maloney, the 4-4-2/4-3-3 is flexible.

But who for positions of Centre Back, Centre Mid and Centre Fwd?

I'd be looking at:

CB - Distin, etc.

CM - Sidwell? (need a tackler but also someone reasonably creative)

CF - Bent? (need some height more than a defoe - we have gabby for that role)

i rate gordan higher than boruc...

hes younger too...

Goalkeeper is the one position where I'm not sure that is a positive thing. Experience is far more important, and I'm fairly sure that most goalkeepers would say they are at their peak in their early 30s.

Boruc is 27, so theoretically has ten years left at the top, and we'd be getting him just as he hits his best.

Still, who knows. Unless something amazing happens, I'm happy with Sorensen for the moment.

something amazing happened tonight... :shock:

Chris Brunt, did any of you watch wednesday v albion last night? Chris Brunt for wednesday, he's left foot is a beast. Can't replace Gazza Bazza though can you?

I say either Ashton, Bouzza, Reo-Coker, Distin.

pete165, where's Mellberg in your team list? You can't replace Mellberg, good god man!!