Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

He was prepared to let Bentley, Pennent and Upson go

I wouldn't want any of them at the Villa. Hyped up, super hyped up and mediocre. All of them mediocre really.

Wow. You've obviously not seen much of Blackburn Rovers this season, nor the England U21's. Bentley is a fantastic young talent.

Agree on the other two though TBF.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read an article surrounding Bentley (written by a Rovers fan a few weeks ago) and it said he was far from ready for international duty.

Sure he has a good cross and a great free-kick, but other than that he doesn't contribute much on the field. In fact, they have two of those in MGP.

I would rate Micah Richards as a fantastic young talent, Bentley is hardly one of those (IMO)

I forget which commentator/pundit said after the Blackburn game on Satuday about Bentley and how for all his skills, trickery, ingenuity and flair he produced the square root of bugger all.

Then compared him to Gabby he had done nothing all game but went and scored the winning goal, which was worth a million step-overs and backheels.

He was prepared to let Bentley, Pennent and Upson go

I wouldn't want any of them at the Villa. Hyped up, super hyped up and mediocre. All of them mediocre really.

BTW, I see we are linked with Darren Fletcher for a move in the summer. If we do sign him I will stop supporting MON/AVFC until Fletch is either retired or sold on to another club!

Nah, I think I'd stop supporting if we signed O'Shea, Richardson or Brown. :winkold:

I forget which commentator/pundit said after the Blackburn game on Satuday about Bentley and how for all his skills, trickery, ingenuity and flair he produced the square root of bugger all.

Then compared him to Gabby he had done nothing all game but went and scored the winning goal, which was worth a million step-overs and backheels.

:nod:

Yes, take Ronaldo for example a year or two ago all the step overs and all the tricks but did bugger all with it. Now he has matured and toned down all the trickery and worked on his delivery now he is well on his way to being the best player in the world.

We all know that he has the skill but if he works on his delivery then he will be one ace player, one that we should definately be a target for MON

Suggestion:

Name: Mathieu Bodmer

Club: Lille

Pos: Attacking midfielder

Price: Approx. 8M

Tidy player with a great touch and pass, an heir to Patrik Berger no doubt about it. Anyone seen him enough to make a proper assessment?

Suggestion:

Name: Mathieu Bodmer

Club: Lille

Pos: Attacking midfielder

Price: Approx. 8M

Tidy player with a great touch and pass, an heir to Patrik Berger no doubt about it. Anyone seen him enough to make a proper assessment?

Bodmer is good. Been impressed with his performances in the champions league over the last few seasons and he has a good partnership with Makoun who frequnetly links himself to Manure and Arsenal.

That said, remember the last french midfielder we signed with the initals M.B. :?

Nah, I think I'd stop supporting if we signed O'Shea, Richardson or Brown.

I'd have O'shea , his versatility would be superb

Could he play right wing?

No, but it doesn't matter because Gabby can... oh hang about :roll:

Question. Where's a place I can find out who exactly is on the block? You know, just so these names can start meaning something to me and I don't just go "...Yay, I think?" every time I hear about a signing.

Question. Where's a place I can find out who exactly is on the block? You know, just so these names can start meaning something to me and I don't just go "...Yay, I think?" every time I hear about a signing.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I need to find a website that lists off who's either eligible for transfer or likely to be transferred. That way I'll have some way of knowing which names to look at and picking out ones I like.

I need to find a website that lists off who's either eligible for transfer or likely to be transferred. That way I'll have some way of knowing which names to look at and picking out ones I like.

I see. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, such a site does not exist.

They may be dedicated to such a pursuit but they are unlikely to maintain a list with the information you desire. Most of these sites are usually useless and contain no reliable information. I'd imagine that at some stage some site may run a story about possible transfer targets on a club by club basis but I have never come across something close to what you are after.