Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather have Reo-Coker than McCann, so it is a step up.

From the little I know of him I know he is good going forward.

Depends whether we would be getting last season's version, an excellent footballer, or this season's, bertie big bollocks who thinks he should be playing for ManUre or the Arse. At £3m he'd be worth a punt though.

We don't know what's going on at WHU. It's quite possible that last season's NRC sees so much trouble at WHU that he just wants out. I doubt he's the only one, but as the captain and last season's star he's perhaps the most high profile - certainly he's the one the fans have latched on to. It would be great to have him on board. We know what he can do and he's still learning. It's no harm to have a few Berty Big Bollocks' on board if they have the ability and confidence to push us onwards. He'd be a canny signing imo.

You have just raised a question there BOF, if what you say has any semblance of truth would we really want a player here who has such little care for the club he is playing for that he wants to leave at any sign of trouble?

Southgate, to use an example, still gets a bit of grief for wanting to leave us but at least he had the professionalism to play to his maximum every week although clearly unhappy rather than sulk around.

Reo- Coker would be a very good signing imo. He has taken a lot of stick over the Pardew situation and not done well this season, but last season I thought he was excellent. I believe with MON's help he could be a real winner. But would surprised if there isnt plenty of competition for him - I doubt £3 mill would be enough.

Nigel I suppose that depends on the trouble. As I say, we don't know what's going on. We also don't know the extent of it. By all accounts it's not 'any sign' of trouble. From what's leaking out, the place is in absolute sh*t. We don't know whether he's been made a scapegoat. I just see it as a good opportunity to buy a player while his stock is low. After all, a high flying confident brink-of-England-call-up NRC would be closer to £8m. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

Nigel I suppose that depends on the trouble. As I say, we don't know what's going on. We also don't know the extent of it. By all accounts it's not 'any sign' of trouble. From what's leaking out, the place is in absolute sh*t. We don't know whether he's been made a scapegoat. I just see it as a good opportunity to buy a player while his stock is low. After all, a high flying confident brink-of-England-call-up NRC would be closer to £8m. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

Very true, im only playing devils advocate!

NRC would be an absolute brilliant signing imo, he's what our midfield is crying out for really, someone who's strong with pace who can both defend and attack, the stick he's taken at West ham is shameful, Nigel the difference between Southgate's situation and Reo-Coker's is Gareth wasn't getting death threats and racial abuse from his own fans like NRC has apparently recieved so he was calm about things, we've had some players do us wrong in the past but we've never stooped that low. but anyway i can't see there being too much compitition for him tbh because the top four are sorted in midfield it seems and Spurs and Newcastle haven't been linked with him.

Sorry I posted this in the ruthless thread when it should proabably go here! I 'm bored so thought I'd stick my realistic with a bit of expensive ambition side in the melting pot:

Get Rid

Mark Delaney

J'Lloyd Samuel

Lee Hendrie

Juan Pablo Angel

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Aaron Hughes

Chris Sutton

Patrik Berger

Keep as squad Players

Taylor

Bardsley (Buy him first obviously)

Cahill

Ridgewell

Laursen

Agbonlahor

Gardener

Osbourne

McCann

Davies

Maloney

Petrov

Moore

Starters:

--------------Sorenson--------------

M. Richards --- Mellberg - Curtis Davies --- Bouma

------ Sidwell ------ Reo Coker-----Barry-----

Shaun WP----------------------------------Young

-----------------------Carew --------------------

Squad buys:

Gera

Koumas

Distin

45 mill would get you that team IMO :D Wouldn't mind if you increase ticket prices and dont buy **** all in Jan for that team! Only thing missing is a spare target man?

That's all fine except Micah. Forget about him. He's going up, not sideways (we've had the Man City debate before, they wouldn't come here).

That's all fine except Micah. Forget about him. He's going up, not sideways (we've had the Man City debate before, they wouldn't come here).

A side like that would be up! I agree deep down with what your saying but wouldn't it be great if Randy went all out to get Micah like we did with Ashley, another sign of intent. Money talks and he's got it.

That sides got a nice balance of youth and experience with the same profile going right through the squad. All the sicknotes and dead wood out and a team with ambition running through their veins! McClaren would have to take notice of Villa with that team too meaning much more positive publicity!

that squad looks quality but petrov will prove to be way way better than sidwell i can see the quality in him from the first few weeks of the season he was fantastic then he got injured and has struggled to find form again.But when he does many people will be eating their words.

People may already know this but I only just found out that Micah Richards is a Villa fan. With the right level of investment and demonstration of ambition it is not wholly unthinkable.

he is very strong and combative but is not a better passer than McCann.

Gavin McCann cannot pass a ball to save his life!!!

which is exactly the point I'm making. We have been moaning to high heaven about McCanns lack of passing ability. Nigel Reo Cokers passing ability ain't all that either.

People may already know this but I only just found out that Micah Richards is a Villa fan. With the right level of investment and demonstration of ambition it is not wholly unthinkable.

Haven’t we found out that despite being born in Birmingham he’s not a Villa fan?