Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Foster would be a great signing IMO. I'd even be happy to have him on loan for a year if Man Utd want to do that again when Watford go down..give us a chance to convince him that his future lies at Villa Park!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Sørensen never gives you that "wow-feeling"...

I am a fan of his, I just don't know if he is good enough for the top level.

In all do respect, who gives a crap about a name?

As long as Tommy is doing his job surely it doesn't matter if his name is Cech or Spink?

It seems to me that fans are not happy these days unless a player is signed who is big in the media and with other fans, trendy you could say.

I would bet people would want Robbinson over Tommy because of his name, but Tommy has been better than Robbo this season less mistakes and won us plenty of points.

Its a shame as people only remember crap stuff.

Against Fulham, he makes 1 mistake and then later on keeps us in the game with 2 saves. Yet the 1 mistake is the one remembered, don't understand it personally.

In all do respect, I wasn't talking about his reputation or his appearance as some other guy mentioned. I am talking about his sole ability. "Wow" for me is a keeper that keeps giving us match-winning displays and assures the defenders without any hesitation to his game. Sørensen is a bit of a confidence keeper don't you agree?

Sørensen is good, and like I said I like him, but he has some weaknesses to him, and he isn't very vocal. Well, sometimes he is, but it often arrives when he is arguing with different players such as Mellberg.

Oh ok i know what you mean now. :)

as for keepers go, tommys ok, yes he makes mistakes, but doesnt every keeper? gona be defficult to replace when the time comes...

taylor though, crap, concedes everytime he plays, hed be better in the championship, maybe we should ask the dingles if they would swap murray for taylor and £1m...

olejnik as well, we should send him out on loan for a season, gain him some experiance!

Absolute tosh mate! Most of the best central midfielders in this country over the past 40 years have been Bily Bremner, Johnny Giles, Graeme Souness and Roy Keane none of them are particularly big.

Tevez can be whatever he wants internationally but this is club football, 1200minutes and 1 goal from a set piece.

With regards Wigan last season there is a player I would have signed and his absence from the team is partly responsible for their fall from grace, that man is Jimmy Bullard, not the biggest name like Sidwell but big names don't necessarily win you anything you have to earn it.

You're talking complete rubbish, "big" doesn't exactly have to be in height it can be in strength and build, Sidwell looks not much bigger than Davis to me, and it just proves what your ambitions are for the club if you would have wanted to sign the likes of "Bullard" :roll: , and excuse me but did you see Henry and Bergkamp when they first arrived in the premiership?, i think they've proved that form isn't everything and class is perminant, for years we've been signing average players like Mccann and imo Sidwell falls into that bracket, it's time we sign some proven star names who has performed at a high level, we've got Carew and we can get more, don't be scared of change, if you really think Sidwell is better than the likes of Appiah, Toure, Mokoan and Muntari then i'd question if you've ever seen these players play.

So you must think that Petrov will be a big success at Villa because form is temporary and class is permanent. Heres one for you, a quality Argentinian playmaker who was seen as one of the world's best players and went to the best team in the country, Juan Sebastian Veron, he had more experience regarded just as highly but couldn't hack it and not many Argies have. If you can't settle in the league you are no good to us.

None of those four players was huge in build and neither are some of the best DMCs of today in Makelele and Fabregas. I agree the likes of Appiah are good players but you don't need to be a big name to be a good player or part of a good team.

My ambitions for Aston Villa are massive but you must expect it to take a bit of time to be able to compete for the players we want in terms of success and maybe even salary because we don't want to create divisions in the squad like Tevez' beloved Wet Spam.

So you must think that Petrov will be a big success at Villa because form is temporary and class is permanent. Heres one for you, a quality Argentinian playmaker who was seen as one of the world's best players and went to the best team in the country, Juan Sebastian Veron, he had more experience regarded just as highly but couldn't hack it and not many Argies have. If you can't settle in the league you are no good to us.

None of those four players was huge in build and neither are some of the best DMCs of today in Makelele and Fabregas. I agree the likes of Appiah are good players but you don't need to be a big name to be a good player or part of a good team.

My ambitions for Aston Villa are massive but you must expect it to take a bit of time to be able to compete for the players we want in terms of success and maybe even salary because we don't want to create divisions in the squad like Tevez' beloved Wet Spam.

Petrov is in his first season so i'd be inclined to at least wait until next season before judging him, Veron might not have set the world on fire in England but he did win the title with Manure if i remember right!!, he had his moments that can't be denied and i'd love a player of his quality at Villa, and you're wrong regarding the four players i mentioned, Toure is like Diop in build, Muntari is also 6 foot and strong, and as you've said Appiah is a power house, only Mokoan out of the four isn't that big but he's still better than Sidwell, your worries regarding Tevez "creating divisions" doesn't really hold weight imo, Carew is said to be on good money and at the end of the day if we want to compete with the best we have to pay the going rate, if anyone in the villa squad doesn't agree with that they can put in a transfer request for all i care.

Dont you think what you said is a contradiction in terms. Sidwell has been a consitantly good perfomer for Reading a top 8 side all season and no one has said he is the next Viera, just a very very good player, amuch better alternative to Mccann. You then go on to say Tevez a man who has struggled this season and scored only one goal for a team destined to be relegated and you call him the next Zola! I have no doubt that Tevez is a good player and will become a class act, although im not sure if that will necessarily be in England.

As for suggestions for transfer targets i would love to see Ya Ya Toure, Eidur Gudjohnsen..etc but im not sure they can be considered realistic targets just yet!!

Erm i think the fact that Tevez is proven at international level and is a big name in the game has something to do with it :roll: , it's not a "contradiction" at all, and if you wanna talk about "top 8 side" Wigan were in the top 8 for ages last season and got the League cup final so should we sign Lee Mccoulgh now?, if you knew anything about Yaya Toure you'd know he's desperate to play in the same league as his brother (the premiership) and his team Monaco haven't done very well this season, he's been their one bit of quality and i'd be confident we could get him,

Actually alot of people on here have been after Sidwell for the middle of the park from at least the start of this season, he looks a lot closer to Vieira than Tevez looks to Zola at the minute.

Yes but that doesn't mean they are right does it? :roll:, imo he's an average player who won't take us to another level, our team is short enough as is it and imo we need someone big and imposing in the middle of the park who can get up and down the pitch and can both defend and create chanc

es, Sidwell isn't even on Boateng's level imo.

Tevez is proven at international level?? i would hardly say that, and anyway so is Milan Baros yet i dont think you would be calling for him back. From what i know Ya Ya Toure is desperate to play in the Premiership, for Arsenal, alongside his brother, now i know we are going places but it will take a while before we can compete with Arseanl. Just because a player wants to play in the Premier does not mean he wants to play for us, it looks increasingly likely we wont even have Uefa Cup footy next year!! Sidwell is the more realistic option and a player many people on here have been calling for since the start of the season.

Petrov is in his first season so i'd be inclined to at least wait until next season before judging him, Veron might not have set the world on fire in England but he did win the title with Manure if i remember right!!, he had his moments that can't be denied and i'd love a player of his quality at Villa, and you're wrong regarding the four players i mentioned, Toure is like Diop in build, Muntari is also 6 foot and strong, and as you've said Appiah is a power house, only Mokoan out of the four isn't that big but he's still better than Sidwell, your worries regarding Tevez "creating divisions" doesn't really hold weight imo, Carew is said to be on good money and at the end of the day if we want to compete with the best we have to pay the going rate, if anyone in the villa squad doesn't agree with that they can put in a transfer request for all i care.

Despite Veron not because of him, did Djemba Djemba not win the league title a few times too? And what about Phil Neville he won about half a dozen. I wasn't referring to Muntari etc. with regards to being small but Bremner, Giles, Keane and Souness. Tevez has a lot of promise but it is early for him yet and he will be off to Spain I suspect and be a good player but in English football the stats say he scored 1 goal in 1200 minutes so far and was relegated, you can put your house on that. He is another one of these players who is said to be the next Maradona like so many before him but the one that will hit the heights is Messi.

Having watched the last 2 Chelsea-Porto matches, I have to say that I think Ricardo Queresma is an excellent player, and I would be ecstatic to get him. He is a game-breaker, in the Christiano Ronaldo mould. I would love to see him in a Villa kit. Of course, it won't happen, but one can dream....

Tevez is proven at international level?? i would hardly say that, and anyway so is Milan Baros yet i dont think you would be calling for him back. From what i know Ya Ya Toure is desperate to play in the Premiership, for Arsenal, alongside his brother, now i know we are going places but it will take a while before we can compete with Arseanl. Just because a player wants to play in the Premier does not mean he wants to play for us, it looks increasingly likely we wont even have Uefa Cup footy next year!! Sidwell is the more realistic option and a player many people on here have been calling for since the start of the season.

It's extremely naive to suggest just because Yaya Toure said he'd like to play alongside his brother (of course he would) that it means we couldn't get him, Arsenal were meant to be certs to get him after the world cup while he was at Olympiacos but instead he ended up at Monaco where he's been brilliant, Arsenal simply have too much talent in the middle of the park like Silva, Diaby, Fabrigas ect so as i said before he is gettable, and just because you think Sidwell "is more realistic" (which i think is rubbish) that doesn't mean he's the best option, and if "so many fans here have been calling for Sidwell" where are they now?, i'm sure the majority would agree if there's a better player availible like Toure then the likes of Sidwell are not needed.

Spelling mistake alert.

it will take a while before we can compete with Arseanl
I think you'll find it's spelt Arseanal. :)

Tevez has had an inhuman pressure on his shoulders
Brilliant. BRILLIANT!

:crylaugh:

I agree Blittle, Sidwell scores a few goals against us and suddenly "he's the next Vieira" or something, he wouldn't take us to the next level imo and is just living off a "good first season" ala Reo-cocker (even though he's clearly class), Davis, Ricketts ect, I think the likes of Yaya Toure, Appiah, Muntari and Mokaon are the way to go in the defensive midfield department, they are light years ahead of Barton, Sidwell and Nolan imo, as for strikers i hope Mon considers Tevez, the man is clearly a class act and at the right club i think he could be the next Zola.

I'd take Muntari for the sole reason of his goal celebration in last year's world cup.

Anybody remember his dance and face....priceless.

2eqgcac.jpg

Don't know what anyone thinks, but I've still got fond memories of Joey Gudjonsson - the short time we had him.

Tough tackling, hard shooting, good workrate - under MON I really think he could blossom. He's still only 26 and has travelled across the continent, never really settling, Spain, Iceland, Holland and UK.

With some careful guidance, he's got 2 years on Gav and could add a similar strength with quite similar qualities.

Nobody ever won anything without a nutter in the team, remember the sending off vs SHA with Dion ?

Don't know what anyone thinks, but I've still got fond memories of Joey Gudjonsson - the short time we had him.

Tough tackling, hard shooting, good workrate - under MON I really think he could blossom. He's still only 26 and has travelled across the continent, never really settling, Spain, Iceland, Holland and UK.

With some careful guidance, he's got 2 years on Gav and could add a similar strength with quite similar qualities.

Nobody ever won anything without a nutter in the team, remember the sending off vs SHA with Dion ?

Currently on loan at Burnley with DJx2 at the bottom of the Championship he is that good! If we signed him I would be as disappointed as when the Ice Cream man Cascarino replaced Rambo McInally.