Golf: General Chat

villarule123

Don't understand Garcia at all.

I think poulter was guaranteed, looks in decent form, and his history for turning it up for the Ryder cup, the others were lucky imo.

I can see this being pretty one sided, US team looks a lot stronger individually, but that's not anything new.

14 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Don't understand Garcia at all.

I think poulter was guaranteed, looks in decent form, and his history for turning it up for the Ryder cup, the others were lucky imo.

I can see this being pretty one sided, US team looks a lot stronger individually, but that's not anything new.

Yeah the US team looks really strong, and the majority are all playing well. Apart from Rose the Europeans lately have been rather underwhelming to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

It's getting a bit squeaky-bum. 

It was for a bit.

Congratulations to the lot of them. Since Friday lunch, we've been in charge.

Having had a go at Thomas Bjorn when he made his picks (I still feel for RCB and Matt Wallace), I'll most definitely give him huge credit for how the team have played.

Lots of good stories - Molinari with 100%, Stenson & Garcia proving their worth, Olesen sitting out since Friday morning and then coming up with the win over Spieth.

I must say that the USA team has been very disappointing, though. They should have all turned up (injurieds and availability permitting) at the French Open earlier in the year.

Edited by snowychap
Edited out the proviso as Mickelson's put it in the drink
  • Like 3

Not good news:

Ryder Cup 2018: Spectator 'loses sight' after being hit by Brooks Koepka tee shot

A spectator hit by a Brooks Koepka tee shot at the Ryder Cup says she has lost sight in her right eye and is considering legal action, AFP reports.

The incident happened on the opening day of the event when the American's drive on the par-four sixth hole veered off course, striking 49-year-old Corine Remande, who had travelled from Egypt.

"Doctors told me I had lost the use of that eye," she told AFP.

Mrs Remande said the reason for legal action was to help cover medical bills.

She added: "It happened so fast, I didn't feel any pain when I was hit.

"I didn't feel like the ball had struck my eye and then I felt the blood start to pour. The scan on Friday confirmed a fracture of the right eye-socket and an explosion of the eyeball."

...more on link

• 1 month later...
Â