Friendly: USA 2 - Belgium 4

maqroll

More than anything, I was hoping Beneteke and Guzan didn't get hurt. 

USA looked pretty awful in defense, worrying to see that at this stage.

Belgium are good though. Really good. And Tekkers did us proud:

You were up against the best team Belgium have had in nearly 30 years though.   This current Belgium side have to fancy their chances to do something at the next couple of major tournaments. 

Truly careless defending is inexcusable though. And I'm worried that Klinsmann is too much of a nice guy to his players when sometimes they need a firm hand

Edited by maqroll

I know Belgium is good and this wasn't exactly a condemnation on this particular game, but all throughout the Klinsmann era, we've seen the same things that were present when Bradley was the manager.

The team is not good. They work hard and they're physical, yes, but any attempts to try and get them to play a more attractive and attacking style have whimpered into the final third. They are still short of ideas, unable to find that link from midfield to the forwards, and have the same systematic problems with movement off the ball.

Some of that may be coaching, but I don't think it's a coincidence that this has stretched on through Bradley and Klinsmann.

The players just aren't that good.

Belgium are awesome. I think their team is as good as their neighbours to the north. Seeing that video makes me want the world cup to go to the USA. Awesome stadiums and pitches.

Belgium are awesome. I think their team is as good as their neighbours to the north. Seeing that video makes me want the world cup to go to the USA. Awesome stadiums and pitches.

Our bribe wasn't big enough

Bumming Belgium will become fashionable soon, and everyone will be doing it. Just like the Dortmund love in at the moment. I will be the first in the queue doing the bumming.

I dont think Belgium are as nailed on to qualify as people think. Croatia are a better team and should win the group and then it will go to a play off and potentially they could draw England, France or Portugal

Croatia are a good team, and have obviously qualified for more tournaments then Belgium recently. But Belgium at this exact moment I think are slightly better, we will see what happens.

Edited by Voinjama

Croatia are a good team, and have obviously qualified for more tournaments then Belgium recently. But Belgium at this exact moment I think are slightly better, we will see what happens.

well Croatia are ranked no.3 in the world, were the 3rd best team at Euro 2012 only they were drawn with best 2 in group stage. return game is also in Croatia were im sure they have a good record. Watched them vs Serbia the last game and were so composed in a heated situation that was very one sided

as didnt see the game I heard that Belgium were lucky to scrape a draw in that 1st game

Â