Friendly: USA 2 - Belgium 4

maqroll

I dont think Belgium are as nailed on to qualify as people think. Croatia are a better team and should win the group and then it will go to a play off and potentially they could draw England, France or Portugal

Belgium will win the group as I don't think Croatia will win in Serbia.

I dunno Serbia are in a crisis at the moment and didnt look up for it at all in 1st game between them

Donovan will be back for the WC...he's kind of a flake though...not good for team spirit and whatnot...

Wow really? Didn't know that. Isn't he vice captain?

Donovan's all ego, taking time off to "find himself" and whatever the hell he's doing.

But looking forward to another qualification and then a quick exit in the group stage. Unless we miraculously figure out how to play football in that time, I haven't see anything otherwise

Him and Dempsey are the only real quality upfront. Altidore can't cut it at the top level at all and then you're down to the freak shows like Robbie Findley, Hercules Gomez and Eddson Buddle who were all comical to watch at the last world cup.

Belgium are awesome. I think their team is as good as their neighbours to the north. Seeing that video makes me want the world cup to go to the USA. Awesome stadiums and pitches.

Given the issues that Brazil is having with getting stadia and other infrastructure built (and the buyer's (or is it seller's?) remorse over Qatar), I wouldn't be that surprised to see FIFA decide in November or thereabouts to move the World Cup to the USA, give Brazil 2018, and Qatar 2026. FIFA does, quietly, retain the USA as the emergency backup host for tournaments (who else has dozens of 50k-plus stadia with airport and hotel capacity to match available at nearly the drop of a hat?).

dont see it happening. South Africa was not that much better and Brazil held it there. If it was to happen I would imagine Germany be a better backup all round given the stadium size, country size and fact they held a tournament recently and facilities are to notch.

am sure the FIFA rule of having no sporting events in the country on at same time as World Cup might hamper USA in a short term agreement

nah its USA v Germany tonight

germany's "2nd string" 'kin hell, its embarrassing what we've scraped together in comparison, guzan on the bench, klose needs 2 goals to become the record scorer, schurrle and draxler starting so i wouldnt mind watching them

and going back to the back up world cup plan - england and the states could both easily host it tomorrow, FIFA being FIFA would no doubt make a commercial decision, they'd go with whatever option the sponsors benefitted from and made them the most money, with most things already in place id guess they try and do the option that was in the same time zone (which is probably why we were linked with being the back up to SA, but id say the yanks would be more sensible if brazil **** it up (which they wont, this happens every tournament))

Close to what would be a first XI today. Just hope it's not embarrassing

Embarrassing for Germany though.  I strongly suspect this is the softest goal they have ever conceded. 

Â