Worst Premiership Villa Side Ever?

villa-revolution

Hendrie was not 'really good' - not even close.

He had flashes of brilliance and always tried hard but he made so many basic mistakes and constantly gave the ball away cheaply with misplaced passes that should have been simple. He was a liability on the pitch and I was very pleased to see him leave.

As if to prove my point Lee waste of space Hendrie couldn't even cut it at Kidderminster Harriers. Definitely one of the most over rated players of all time ever to insult the claret & blue shirt!

Well we'll have to disagree then because I think he was a very good footballer that didn't make the best of his ability. If he was a waste of space he wouldn't have been picked for England.

Being picked once or twice for England doesn't mean that you are a special player. As if to prove my point,perhaps the biggest Lame Donkey of all time `He'll Miss Heskey` has been capped on numerous occasions. You will also notice that I have included Barn Door Heskey up front with Balaban in this worst ever Premiership Villa thread.

Also, please confirm that the following players are great because they've played for England. Geoff Thomas, Lee Dixon, Robert Green, Mathew Upson, Rickett's (Bolton & Walsall striker ........etc etc etc the list is endless.( see my point?)

Anyway, for convenience, the worst Villa side ever so far in Premier league history in my opinion now reads as follows:

Enckelman

Beye   Scimeca   Alpay   Warnock

Djemba-Djemba Hendrie Bannan (Capt) De la Cruz

Heskey Balaban              

Manager: Jock McJudas McShit

:P Scary! :P

Lee Dixon was a good right back. Heskey was not as bad as people make out. He was part of the biggest ever win in Germany. All I am saying is Hendrie had talent. He also had a couple of very good seasons with us. The one under Oleary.  There has been a lot worse players over the years than him. He actually had more talent then Ian Taylor but many people pick him in our best ever eleven.

Yep, scary that you think that Alpay, Hendrie and Heskey belongs in our worst team ever. Really scary. Sometimes, somewhere has to be a little humble and realise that if a player gets picked time and time again by several managers to play for England, very good and experienced managers at that, that that certain player might be a little bit better than what you think and that those said managers might know a little bit more about football than yourself.

Lee Dixon was part of the famous Arsenal back four, and Heskey was a decent player at Leicester and Liverpool.  He was just utter tripe when he joined us.

Hendrie had a reasonable spell at Villa, it didn't work out for him when he left which often happens.  Not sure he deserves to be in our worst ever premier league team midfield.

27 goals in 251 games for Villa. How can a player play that many games and score that many goals and be put in our worst ever team. Its a total nonsense. He also scored 5 goals in 12 games for England u21 and he was  mdfield player.

PaulC, Pelle & claretman- I humbly accept your arguement & now I throw it out to you to nominate his central midfield replacement to be included here. Tell me your choice & I will include whom I consider the best nomination.

Now let me get back to that humble pie :)

PaulC, Pelle & claretman- I humbly accept your arguement & now I throw it out to you to nominate his central midfield replacement to be included here. Tell me your choice & I will include whom I consider the best nomination.

Salifou

Osbourne

Okay Zatman, Isiah Tossbourne it is! :)

Team now reads:

Enckelman

Beye  Alpay Scimeca Warnock

Djemba-Djemba Osbourne Bannan (Capt) De La Cruz

Balaban Heskey

Manager:Ginger McTurd

Happy Now? :D

Salifou

Osbourne

Team now reads:

Enckelman

Balaban Heskey

No I'm still not happy. Its unfair to put Bannan in when his career is still in its infancy. I agree with the other three in midfield. I would put Nigel Callaghan in or maybe Stephen Ireland as he has cost us a substancial amount of money in fee and wages.  We have had worse strikers than Heskey.  Tony Cascarino, Alun Evans or Marlon Harewood

Edited by PaulC

Alpay?  He was fantastic for a while, and we'd kill for a defender as good as him now.  Went a bit odd, but that was more to do with being hounded for daring to point a finger at Lord David of Beckham

Salifou

Osbourne

Team now reads:

Enckelman

Balaban Heskey

No I'm still not happy. Its unfair to put Bannan in when his career is still in its infancy. I agree with the other three in midfield. I would put Nigel Callaghan in or maybe Stephen Ireland as he has cost us a substancial amount of money in fee and wages.  We have had worse strikers than Heskey.  Tony Cascarino, Alun Evans or Marlon Harewood

PaulC - I hear your arguement regarding Bannan but I am purely basing his selection on what he has delivered to date & so far his performances have been horrific! As with shares, past performance is no guarantee of future success & vice versa so for his sake & all of our sakes I hope he comes good & then I will happily drop him from this team. (Being dropped is something wee Barry is now used to anyway)

Also I agree with you about Cascarino because he was absolutely horrific & Harewood was in the original selection (check OP) only to be quite rightly replaced by Bosco Balaban who another poster quite rightly brought to my attention.

Is Cascarino as piss poor as Heskey? Not for me, but I grant you it's scarily close no question. Probably a cigarette paper between them!

Alpay?  He was fantastic for a while, and we'd kill for a defender as good as him now.  Went a bit odd, but that was more to do with being hounded for daring to point a finger at Lord David of Beckham

Perhaps your right! I never forgave DOL for dropping Mellberg & partnering Alpay with Ronnie Johnsen for our opening day 2-1 reverse at Portsmouth in August 2003.

I'm open to persuasion so as previously I will consider all other nominated suggestions & alter accordingly as I wish the eventual team to be reached by overall consensus & majority rule.

So, for now at least, Alpay remains in this shocking side alongside Scimeca.,

Salifou

Osbourne

Team now reads:

Enckelman

Balaban Heskey

PaulC - I hear your arguement regarding Bannan but I am purely basing his selection on what he has delivered to date & so far his performances have been horrific! As with shares, past performance is no guarantee of future success & vice versa so for his sake & all of our sakes I hope he comes good & then I will happily drop him from this team. (Being dropped is something wee Barry is now used to anyway)

can't we agree on Stephen Ireland instead then. After all he's costing us 80k a week. Bannan at least came through our academy and is on a fraction of the wage Ireland is on and at least looks like he's bothered

Salifou

Osbourne

Team now reads:

Enckelman

Balaban Heskey

can't we agree on Stephen Ireland instead then. After all he's costing us 80k a week. Bannan at least came through our academy and is on a fraction of the wage Ireland is on and at least looks like he's bothered

Again Ireland is a good shout. problem is he linked up the play that well with Robbie Keane during his loan spell & started to show his true potential. At least Ireland has had a handful of decent games. Bannan has none!

Salifou

Osbourne

Team now reads:

Enckelman

Balaban Heskey

Again Ireland is a good shout. problem is he linked up the play that well with Robbie Keane during his loan spell & started to show his true potential. At least Ireland has had a handful of decent games. Bannan has none!

Yes he's provided great value for money and its interesting that Lambert has totally given up on him. However I fully respect your views.

Â