NFL Draft 2013

Brumerican

Wasnt overly excited by the Giants selection but after reading up on the guy, watching some youtube highlights and knowing that not only did Mayock predict the pick but went as far as to say that he loves it i, i am now very excited to see what this kid can do.  We need Oline help in the biggest way too so the fact he can play anywhere on the line is probably one of the main reasons he is now a Giant.

Did used to be an Eagle but here is the reaction from the man himself and his draft party:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151458646404398&set=vb.714424397&type=2&theater

Great to see!

Maybe he'll lookat it a the Eages went OT also and it wasn't him, so he' be out to prove a point that they've gone with he wrong guy. If he's able to play multiple positions on the line then even better.

Edited by kurtsimonw

More footage:

Link

You can clearly see some of his party are Eagles and obviously devestated he is going to the Giants!  That being said they all seem happy for him and its a great celebration.  Giants now young Sir!

• Like 1

Our front office are insane at finding gems in the lower rounds so I'm not bothered we didn't have a 1st rounder. There's no stand out 1st round talent in his draft anyway and I'd much rather have Harvin.

Same feeling here Adz. But after reading into it, i think its a good move.

NE caned Minnesota indeed.

A day later, Cowboys’ first-round pick still a head-scratcher

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2013, 4:39 PM EDT

AP

What did Jerry Jones see in Travis Frederick, and why didn’t anyone else see it?

A day after Jones, the Cowboys’ owner and general manager, spent a first-round draft pick on Frederick, a center from Wisconsin, that’s a question being asked in many quarters. Because not many people thought Frederick was a first-round pick.

On Mike Mayock’s list of the top 100 prospects in the draft, Frederick checked in at No. 92 — 50 spots lower than the next-lowest player selected in the first round. On the ESPN.com draft board, Frederick was listed as a third-round pick.

But that’s just members of the media. What did NFL teams think? Ed Werder of ESPN surveyed five NFL teams and asked for their grades on Frederick. One team rated him a fourth-round pick, two had him as a fifth-round pick, one had him as a sixth-round pick and one had him as a borderline sixth- or seventh-round pick.

Jones, however, said after the first round that center is an important position in the Cowboys’ offense, and that Frederick was the No. 22 player on their draft board. So Jones believes that after trading down to pick No. 31, the Cowboys got good value.

Even if few others agree

Link

LOL

Thoughts on day one: 

1. The Rams are suddenly looking like a potential contender. The NFC West wow, what a turnaround. From the worst division to the best in five years. 

2. The Patriots must be pissing themselves. In a division with Buddy Nix, Jeff Ireland and whatever idiot the Jets have appointed. If we include Tannenbaum instead of the new guy are they the three worst GM's in the league? (not including Dallas who don't have a GM). 

3. Cowboys. LOL. Their immediate future is so bleak. 

4. You have to love what the Ravens, Steelers and Packers do. Just sit there, don't take too many chances and let players fall into their laps. 

5. I also, want to add, aren't the look-ins to the 'war rooms' pretty funny. I mean, it's just roughly ten guys sat around relaxing. 

Edited by KennyPowers

Was less than excited at the pick. Never seen him play, or even heard of the guy. 

It makes total sense, just somewhat underwhelming.

I feel that way about most of our drafts to be honest. But we've been excellent in the draft for a long time now, so I fully trust in who they pick.

Stud RB in Montee Ball. AND, Bronco fan. Hope he got lots left, he had a ton of work in collage.

Kayvon Webster - ?

Edited by Tegis

Â