HELP NEEDED ON INTERNET EXPLORER 8

leemond2008

I need help, I only use pretty much two websites whilst I am work, this one and goodreads

only thing is that for the last two weeks or so goodread's isn't opening properly

everything is stacked on the left hand side and the writing is all blue and there is no background, I have tried searching google and what not but that hasn't come up with thing.

any of the I.T. geeks got any idea why this could be happening?

at this rate I may actually have to start doing a bit of work.

p.s. the computer is on windows XP

Chances are you're running an old version of IE and Goodreads has decided to move into the mid-to-late 2000s or early 2010s.

IE versions prior to, what, 8(???) are notorious for poor CSS/DOM/etc. support.

Download a new browser; not sure whether MS even supports XP with the newer versions of IE (why the OS and browser need to be coupled to that extent is anyone's guess), so switching to Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or maybe even Safari is probably a good idea.

Try running FF without installing it and see if it works, assuming your IT-dep hasn't locked the computer down completely. Unpack to a destination you have write access to, like My documents or the Desktop and then run firefox.exe

Clicky

Chrome installs into your local profile. Anything you can do that the IT dept haven't blocked is fair game.

There's a good chance the IT acceptable use policy will say otherwise if he works for an organisation with more than a handful of employees. If they're not competent enough to prevent users running Chrome they're probably not running regular audits either, mind you.

Â