The Randy Lerner thread

CI

From a source that I trust 100%

Brown fans have been giving Randy some grief about the amount of time and money he spends at villa. The Browns were assured by a senior browns offical that Randy will fully dispense with his aston villa interests in the next 12 months.

When pushed for evidence. He said that Randy has appointed a merchant bank to find a buyer for villa. - and he expects to make a small loss on his aston villa project.

The sooner the better

Brown fans have been giving Randy some grief about the amount of time and money he spends at villa. The Browns were assured by a senior browns offical that Randy will fully dispense with his aston villa interests in the next 12 months.

When pushed for evidence. He said that Randy has appointed a merchant bank to find a buyer for villa. - and he expects to make a small loss on his aston villa project.

The sooner the better

How can you assure yourself?

If true then this is great news to start the week.

I wantedEllis out for over 20 years

He went and managed to find Lerner who has done some good things and a lot bad.

Lerner , by many people's comments, is much better than Ellis. So if Ellis managed to find him, just think who Lerner could find.

No offence Hippo, but I don't buy it.

The main reason is that an NFL team makes a profit. The teams are all Salary capped and the NFL shares out the $9bn of revenue it makes. Therefore why would Browns fans care about the amount of money that he spends on Villa when it doesnt affect them one jot?

Also most of the Browns fans and forums want a hands off owner and they have Mike Holmgren in charge of Football Operation and are not that bothered about the time he spends there either.

If its going to drag on 12 months then its not such great news. However if as seems feasible he has made the decision to cut his losses hopefully things will move pretty swiftly from this point on.

Not surprised at all by this news.

Lets be honest...Lerner is out of his depth at a premier league club. He aint bad at tarting a pub up and building mosaics but he doesnt know the first thing about football. I know its not his job to know anything about football but the appointments of Faulkner and then McCleish just goes to show how clueless he is.

Thanks for the non footballing things you did for this club Randy but you need to go. Dont let the door hit your arse on your way out. :thumb:

If its going to drag on 12 months then its not such great news. However if as seems feasible he has made the decision to cut his losses hopefully things will move pretty swiftly from this point on.

Not surprised at all by this news.

12 months of uncertainty vs three years of Mcleish!

He went and managed to find Lerner who has done some good things and some bad.

Lerner , by many people's comments, is much better than Ellis. So if Ellis managed to find him, just think who Lerner could find.

Corrected for balanced accuracy. :winkold:

Provided Lerner completes due diligence, an improvement on an improvement has got to be a good thing. I don't know how many good potential owners are out there though. Not much of a queue. :|

He went and managed to find Lerner who has done some good things and some bad.

Corrected for balanced accuracy. :winkold:

Provided Lerner completes due diligence, an improvement on an improvement has got to be a good thing. I don't know how many good potential owners are out there though. Not much of a queue. :|

Hence the decision to approach a merchant bank - I think this is what Ellis did - 2 months later we were sold.

Really hope things moves quickly now. Obviously Lerner has been planning this for a while so lets hope plans are in place.

Sorry. Have I missed something?

What evidence is there saying that Lerner wants to sell?

If it were just one post, I would share your sceptism. But the rumours are coming almost daily now - and from different sources.

All fueled by eachother. As I posted earlier, the Brown's one above does not make sense.

Also Randy has been quoted that only something to do with the Children would make him sell. That is one hell of a statement to make. So far none of the rumours have been about his kids.

It is the rumourmill in overdrive where everything that gets posted by an attention seeker gets recycled and given legs through Twitter, Facebook, forums & Messageboards.

Doest make any of them true, mind.

Â