Seriously though.....

Pacavelli

Ok now, I know this is an absolutly outlandish suggestion but I was reading an article on Barcelona trying to offload David Villa and Arsenal pulled out of the running. Why cant we just break the bank like we did on bent and pay him his 100k a week for 2 or 3 years??? It would raise our profile again, it would most certainly keep us up and would make more sense than buying crap player after crap player every year. 

I know it is a rediculous suggestion (im not a deluded fan) but serious question why wouldnt we?? I said the same about sneijder  and Drogba....ok they might not come to us, but why not try??!! 

Im expecting to get lambasted for this but it is worth just giving a small thought to....10million signing, 100k a week for 2 years - another 10 million or so, 20 million for a decision that could transform the club again!!

Edited by Pacavelli

There's no sense in spunking all that money on a striker who will not have the likes of Xavi and Iniesta feeding him the ball for 90 minutes. We need help in defense and midfield.

Edited by maqroll

There's no sense in spunking all that money on a striker who will not have the likes of Xavi and Iniesta feeding him the ball for 90 minutes. We need help in defense and midfield.

Thanks for the educated reply, yeah I do agree, but the point being why not splash out big on 1 or 2 household names that can single handedly change a match themselves and give them the wages instead of buying rubbish in bulk.

I'd rather get a supply line in to give Bent and Benteke a chance to forge a partnership. Would be a much cheaper option than David Villa too.

EDIT: Just seen your rant in the Darren Bent thread, and now know you won't agree with me  :D

Edited by keefa3011

Must me on the same gear Randy was on when he appointed Mcleish. That shit must be good.

He wouldn't save us anyway.

I've always thought how cool it would be to have David Villa playing for us though....imagine the shirt sales!

Edited by supernova26

Is that you Doug? Have you got the Totti, Shevchenko list out again?

Haha, I wish mate...but seriously whats the wrong with trying to attract big name players on big money????

We only just splash it on a bunch of s**t ones anyway.

I'd rather get a supply line in to give Bent and Benteke a chance to forge a partnership. Would be a much cheaper option than David Villa too.

EDIT: Just seen your rant in the Darren Bent thread, and now know you won't agree with me   :D

Haha, I do agree with you actually...my point is not "Lets sign David Villa" its more, lets sign someone who can add experience and quality enough to change a game. Give them big wages if they want (everyone else is doing it) and stop buying kids that have come straight out of 6th form in bulk (same prices!!).

Why is this thread open?

Ok, lets all be happy with signing Joe Bennett's and Karim El Ahmadi's.

We will soon see another european cup with that calibre.

Sometimes wonder why any of you support Aston Villa and what we actually mean in the world of football, we are a big club that should be attracting big names!!

You don't need to spend big to sign great strikers (Michu) plus, like already said, our attack isn't the problem.

The reason we're in this mess in the first place is because Lerner spunked unsustainable amounts of money on transfer fees and wages so I certainly would not advocate doing the same again, not that it'll ever happen anyway so it's a pointless discussion really.

You don't need to spend big to sign great strikers (Michu) plus, like already said, our attack isn't the problem.

The reason we're in this mess in the first place is because Lerner spunked unsustainable amounts of money on transfer fees and wages so I certainly would not advocate doing the same again, not that it'll ever happen anyway so it's a pointless discussion really.

All in all I think its pointless discussing anything in relation to being successful in this league anymore unless you have mega rich owners. Very very sad truth but that is the reality now, and this is the lowest I have ever felt as a football fan.

SICKENING

EDIT: Just seen your rant in the Darren Bent thread, and now know you won't agree with me   :D

This^^

It doesnt matter who you have upfront if you cant supply them we should have been sounding out targets in November so deals could be wrapped up at the start of january before going out the cups and wasting a handful of premier league games.

M'Via, Downing and a right winger should have been brought with Warnock coming back in from the cold. Get a loan on a centre back too. 15 million survival sorted & possible cup success! Now Downing is in form, M'Via has moved off were out both cups and lost loads of points, humiliated ourselves and lost three games to the teams directly around us

Â