Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Mantis if we stay up I accept that Lambert has been successful in the seasons objective and ill be happy with that. If we get relegated will you accept he **** up?

If we get relegated I would seriously have to reconsider Lambert's position - it would depend on the circumstances but if he took us down I think we would have to go

I doubt that we will go down though

Really - did he have this reputation for terrible training and coaching methods at Norwich

Some arguements have merit but this is not one of them

Exactly.

It's not like we've been injury free over the past few seasons anyway has it? In fact, this is the third season in a row under a third different manager where we've been plagued by injuries.

Mantis if we stay up I accept that Lambert has been successful in the seasons objective and ill be happy with that. If we get relegated will you accept he **** up?

Of course, but I seriously doubt we'll go down.

I think as a fan of this football club I do more wrong than good. I was 100% behind Lambert's appointment. On multiple occasions this season he really has just got things completely wrong. I had him down for a great tactition... which he really isn't. I'm glad he's the manager of the club and I agree with what he's doing. But he has dropped a bollock on multiple occasions now, I echo'd these thoughts after the WBA game and was shot down. He needs investment and he needs time. Without that, we're ****.

Edited by PieFacE

sure the last couple of games havent been good, in fact they have been utter sheit.

but comparing lambert to theunnameableone is riddiculous. his only tactics was not to let in any goals and try to hoof one in, it was dire dire stuff. Atleast now we might be shit but we are trying to do something, were gonna get spanked more than once next year but its something we have to go through trying to build the team in the way that we are. im not completely happy, lambert could have done certain things better.. but atleast hes doing something compared to previous manager.

I dont think things are as bad as people are fearing, not by a long way. I dont think PL is out of his depth, and I dont think we are going to be relegated.

It isnt hard to see how the way we are will result in some poor showings, and there have been a few, but those who support PL for the job shouldn't alter their views on the basis of some defeats, just like those who may not be keen won't alter their view on the basis of a few victories.

There is so little point re-reviewing ones opinion of a Manager every game or so.

I cant agree with those who cannot see past our currrent form, or those who see a comparison with what was happening under the last 2 years management, in my view we are going about things the right way and will be fine.

I cant agree with those who cannot see past our currrent form, or those who see a comparison with what was happening under the last 2 years management, in my view we are going about things the right way and will be fine.

But most of this we're gonna be fine attitude seems to be based on a few rare moments and blind faith.

Actual facts and evidence suggest there's every reason to worry that we won't be.

But most of this we're gonna be fine attitude seems to be based on a few rare moments and blind faith.

Actual facts and evidence suggest there's every reason to worry that we won't be.

"Actual facts and evidence" show that we're 3 points clear of the relegation zone and have been for most of the season, despite our very poor start to the season. "Actual facts and evidence" show we'll probably be ok, barely.

Barely be ok. Which would suggest that fans have every right to worry. As you say we're 3 point off with the worst goal difference.

Thanks for backing me up on that one.

I didn't back you up at all. You claimed that "actual facts and evidence" show that there's every reason to worry we won't be but "actual facts and evidence" show that we'll most likely stay up.

I understand why you say that and fear the worst, but I dont think facts (i.e. points) are as critical at this stage as some do. There is far less of a gulf between places 8 and 18 than there is between the top 3 or 4 and 10th. I think at half way any of the sides up to 9 or 10 places above us can and will have poor runs.

Equally I think we can and will have good runs - one has not long ended.

We have weaknesses but we have strengths too, for me the biggest is something I cant reallydefine factually and that is the Manager. I fully get it if others dont seee him as the man but I do - and many of my mates do. To us he appears to have the approach, mentality, ideas, plan, and personality to get it right.

I also think what he has done in terms of forging a group of guys in it together will pay off.

And I think, despite the League stats, we have golas in us.

I dont think it matters greatly for this year if we get a few thumpings by the top sides (yes I know Southhampton did too) - 19 goals from 3 games, horrible, but I take the view that is better than the Mcleish defensive doctrine which was applied against all sides - under PL I think we will prosper in the second half of the season against sides from 7/8 -to 20.

Hope that answers your point - even if you dont agree !

Your actual facts and evidence show we should be worried.

Which was my point. It was great back up to my point.

Thanks.

My facts and evidence show that actually we shouldn't be worried because it's highly likely that we will stay up.

Thanks for what? I never backed up your point at all.

I think our problem is now we have been stuffed in 2 matches no goals scored and we are going into a 6 pointer with a long list of injuries.Ireland starting and Bannan too thats the pretty much the only changes we can make.

You genuinely think that being 3 point off relegation half way through the season is evidence to not worry?

You think the fact no team has scored less goals than us is evidence that we shouldn't worry?

You think having the worst goal difference in the league is evidence to suggest there is no need to worry?

Hahaha of course you don't. No one could believe that.

Like I said your facts back up my point that there is every reason to worry. It's not often we agree but you've done me a favour with that one.

You genuinely think that being 3 point off relegation half way through the season is evidence to not worry?

You think the fact no team has scored less goals than us is evidence that we shouldn't worry?

You think having the worst goal difference in the league is evidence to suggest there is no need to worry?

Hahaha of course you don't. No one could believe that.

Like I said your facts back up my point that there is every reason to worry. It's not often we agree but you've done me a favour with that one.

Well, actual facts and statistics show that it's very likely that we'll stay up. Even with all those things you just mentioned we're STILL 3 points clear of the relegation zone, so in actual fact I've done you no favours what so ever. If anything you've done me a favour.

Hahaha

At least your posts can entertain me when my football team fail.

If you believe the facts and evidence suggest there is no need to worry then there's no point continuing. That level of blind defence of a position is utterly ridiculous.

Have fun.

What's so entertaining? We're the league's lowest scorers and we ship tons of goals yet we're STILL 3 points clear. If we improve in the second half of the season (and I believe we will) we'll stay up with ease.

If we improve. If being the big word.

You may end up being right. We may get better and we may end up easily surviving. But right now at this moment that opinion is based on your optimistic faith about our current manager, its not based on any sort of facts or evidence.

As of right now we are in a poor league position, struggle to score goals and have a terrible goal difference. As of right now there are reasons to worry about our survival. Only someone blindly ignoring everything could possibly say there is no need to worry.

Your contributions to this put my point across better than I can so once again. Thanks.