Conference Championships: N.E. v Baltimore, Atlanta v S.F.

maqroll

21st Century Super Bowl starting QBs

XXXV: Kerry Collins, Trent Dilfer

XXXVI: Tom Brady, Kurt Warner

XXXVII: Brad Johnson, Rich Gannon

XXXVIII: Tom Brady, Jake Delhomme

XXXIX: Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady

XL: Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Hasselbeck

XLI: Rex Grossman, Peyton Manning

XLII: Tom Brady, Eli Manning

XLIII: Kurt Warner, Ben Roethlisberger

XLIV: Peyton Manning, Drew Brees

XLV: Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger

XLVI: Tom Brady, Eli Manning

XLVII: Colin Kaepernick, Joe Flacco

This is only the third Super Bowl of 13 played this century without Brady, Peyton, or Roethlisberger.

Edited by leviramsey

Only just woke up. Man I'm pumped!! Can't believe we're going to the Superbowl.

Win or lose I'm proud of this team. (Hope we win though >_>)

If anybody is going to Walkabout in Brum to watch it I'll be the dude in the middle with a pitcher and a Suggs jersey on B)

• Like 1

Only just woke up. Man I'm pumped!! Can't believe we're going to the Superbowl.

Win or lose I'm proud of this team. (Hope we win though >_>)

If anybody is going to Walkabout in Brum to watch it I'll be the dude in the middle with a pitcher and a Suggs jersey on B)

Whats walkabout like for the Super Bowl? Get very busy?

I hope you win it now. I know he divides opinion but i love Ray Lewis and it would be a fitting end to the legacy of one of the greatest LBers of all time if he were to ride off into the sunset as a Super Bowl champion!

You have been knocking on the door for some time now so it would be good to see the likes of Reed, Suggs, Ngata, Rice and Flacco all get their rings.

Edited by kkr

DVOA from this round

With only two teams left, and most teams not having played for three weeks, we're not going to run the big table with all 32 teams. Baltimore is seventh in weighted DVOA at 16.1%. San Francisco is fourth in weighted DVOA with 31.9%. New England's poor performance yesterday knocks them back down to third behind Seattle and Denver. (Remember, our ratings are looking longer term here, over the last three months instead of just the last three weeks, which is why teams that have lost in the playoffs can be ranked higher than teams that won.)

Here are the ratings for the Conference Championship games. After opponent adjustments, the Ravens have now played their two best defensive games of the season in the last two weeks. This week was also their best offensive game since Week 3, their first win over New England. The Patriots had their second-lowest offensive DVOA of the year (ahead of only the Jacksonville game in Week 16) and their worst defensive DVOA since the Week 10 game against Buffalo. The 49ers-Falcons game was closer; this was the worst single-game defensive DVOA put up by San Francisco all year. Poor special teams play actually means both teams are below 0% without opponent adjustments.

When you compare Baltimore's total DVOA from the end of the season and weighted DVOA including the playoffs, you can really see how the offense and defense have played better, more than making up for the recent struggles on special teams.

Our playoff odds report formula gives San Francisco a 57.8 percent chance of winning Super Bowl XLVII.

Whats walkabout like for the Super Bowl? Get very busy?

I hope you win it now. I know he divides opinion but i love Ray Lewis and it would be a fitting end to the legacy of one of the greatest LBers of all time if he were to ride off into the sunset as a Super Bowl champion!

You have been knocking on the door for some time now so it would be good to see the likes of Reed, Suggs, Ngata, Rice and Flacco all get their rings.

It was great last year. Atmosphere was brilliant and had some good banter with other fans.

If Lewis goes out winning another ring then that would be fantastic. Reed needs a ring definitely, Suggs and Ngata deserve one for their careers, and I'd love for Rice and Flacco to get one. If we do win and Flacco gets his ring then the contract he is going to sign will be a lot more than it would have been at the start of the season!

Â