Jerky YouTube Videos

Stevo985

Quick question if anyone can help.

I use YouTube a lot. Most of the time on my phone where I have no problems.

But when I do use it on my laptop, the video are often jerky, where they'll freeze for half a second then catch up. Or sometimes (especially when I watch full screen) the sound will go slightly out of sync with the video, and I've double checked that it isn't a problem with the video (again, no problems on my phone)

I also notice this occasionally on the iPlayer, although not very often, whereas it's pretty much all the time on YouTube.

I'm 99% sure this isn't a connection issue. The loading bar thingy at the bottom of the video goes up super quick and there's no buffering or anything and, again, my phone is on the same WiFi and is fine.

I've googled this and the only suggestion I could really find was to clear my Internet History and cache, which I did, but it didn't appear to make much difference.

Anyone got any ideas what might be causing it and how it could be fixed (if at all)?

Have I just got a shit laptop?

Try switching to the html5 version of youtube to get away from flash Bare in mind, not all vids on youtube are converted, right click on the vid to see if it uses flash or not.

Apart from that (assuming this is windows) Update video and sound drivers if possible.

Just a few stabs in the dark but it wont hurt i guess

Yeah it's Windows Vista. Should have said.

Go tnothing on in the background, just the YouTube page. And I use Chrome Ad Blocker Plus so all adverts are blocked (I have VT on the "white list" if Limpid's reading!)

Yeah it's Windows XP. Should have said.

Go tnothing on in the background, just the YouTube page. And I use Chrome Ad Blocker Plus so all adverts are blocked (I have VT on the "white list" if Limpid's reading!)

OT. You should treat yourself to a gold lion for xmas :mrgreen:

Â