December Optimism Gauge

maqroll

The must win game (Reading) we won - just about - and the must not lost loose game (QPR) we drew.

Still think improvement needed to pull much higher up the table - we need a lot more goals. Intersting fixtures this weekend with a couple of six pointers, if things go badly we could be right down there again.

Your point was people who praised the performances against United should acknowledge the low quality of the performances against Reading and QPR. Indicated by the quote below (unless I've inferred something incorrectly, happy to be corrected). FWIW I completely agree with you.

However, my point was the people (not necessarily you) who said the performance against United was irrelevant because the result was a defeat, should by that logic be ignoring the quality of the performance against QPR and Reading because we got results.

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just replying to your point. You don't have to be so defensive. How your last sentence is relevant is beyond me.

Fair enough.

Can't see us getting anything out of Spuds CI and i think we'll only get two points out of Stoke and Wigan with us losing against Liverpool and Chelsea.

A very difficult month coming up.

Hmmm, if we can't beat Wigan at home we are in deep shit

Hmmm, if we can't beat Wigan at home we are in deep shit

Why is that the case? I mean, according to yourself and many others we are going to be there or there abouts with them come May time so it stands to reason we're evenly matched sides.

Aside from which, football doesn't work like that. If it was that simple there would be no point playing the games at all.

It's a game I would back us to win. If not, there are 37 more in a season.

I seem to remember us failing to win at home against Wigan and sides like them many a time in the past. On many if those times it was no indication whatsoever to the kind if season we were having or would go on to have.

Wigan at home will be must win this year as we are unlikely to get the wins we will need against any of the top 12 teams. Our league is 13 down and we MUST win our home games against the likes of Wigan, Reading, Norwich, QPR and Southampton.

Wigan at home will be must win this year as we are unlikely to get the wins we will need against any of the top 12 teams. Our league is 13 down and we MUST win our home games against the likes of Wigan, Reading, Norwich, QPR and Southampton.

Unlikely to get any wins against the top 12? Interesting. Where are Swansea at the minute? Genuine question.

Are you suggesting that not beating Wigan at home will be ok in the context of the season were having ?

Nothing he has posted suggests that in the slightest, you are just trying to divert this away from your daft claim about not beating any of the top 12 from the made up end of season table in your head.

Yes I will stand by that, do therefore Wigan at home will be a must win game for us. That's based on the fact we have failed to beat 9 of the current top 13 and weve only played 10 of them. That's a big enough sample and enough of a trend especially when you factor in the last 2 performances.

Yes I will stand by that, do therefore Wigan at home will be a must win game for us. That's based on the fact we have failed to beat 9 of the current top 13 and weve only played 10 of them. That's a big enough sample and enough of a trend especially when you factor in the last 2 performances.

Fancy putting money on it?

enjoying being a villa fan for the first time in a while... justified or not, i'm loving it at the moment... and am looking forward to the games without the usual sense of dread...

i'd love to get through the month with several clean sheets... if we can start to look tight at the back again, everything will be rosy....

Â