December Optimism Gauge

maqroll

enjoying being a villa fan for the first time in a while... justified or not, i'm loving it at the moment... and am looking forward to the games without the usual sense of dread...

i'd love to get through the month with several clean sheets... if we can start to look tight at the back again, everything will be rosy....

This, seeing this young team, many having come through our academy, compete in the Premier League is great. After watching ageing mercenaries be so poor, over the last few seasons, its great.

For the first time in many seasons i feel like I'm getting my Villa back UTV

Do you hope that we will?

No. I hope we beat every team between now and the end of the season but i just cannot see us picking up too many points over the next five games and i do think Norwich will beat us in the cup but will be soooo glad if i'm wrong, again.

No. I hope we beat every team between now and the end of the season but i just cannot see us picking up too many points over the next five games and i do think Norwich will beat us in the cup but will be soooo glad if i'm wrong, again.

How many points will Lambert need to have gained by the turn of the year for you to give him some credit?

so predictions between 1 point and 8 points. hmmm.

1 would seem a little bit mental, i'll go with 5 to 7.

so 19-21 points after 20 games and a steadily improving points per game ratio going in to the second half of the season. that'll do for now :)

i think stoke will be far harder than people expect, they are in brilliant form, lose 0-1, lose the next 3 then beat wigan

i think there are still plenty of other teams just as bad as us -

QPR are gone IMO

reading have southampton, sunderland, arsenal, city, swansea and west ham

southampton have reading sunderland fulham and stoke

sunderland have chelsea, southampton, reading, utd, city and spurs

so we can have a shit month and still see very little movement around us, id be shitting it if i was a sunderland fan

That would = 4 points

So 18 after 20 games ? That's not acceptable

Possibly a draw with either Liverpool or Spurs. But can't see more than max. 5 points out of our next 5 games.

I've thought for a while that January will make or break our season with what business we do.

How many points will Lambert need to have gained by the turn of the year for you to give him some credit?

Thats more than a fair question so being realistic within our next five games I'd say two wins against Stoke and Wigan plus a point against one of Spuds, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Seven points in total but I'd also like to remind you that I have recently praised Lambert for his signing of both Westwood and Benteke, the latter who I was very wrong about.

Hoping for at least a point off Chelsea because (i) it's become something of a Christmas tradition to do well at their place - even McLeish got a win! - and (ii) I'm going to the match and I don't want to see Villa lose - that's an order!

Â