Week 10 matches, discussion etc

BOF

Seattle have great fans. True homefield advantage there.

Having the best stadium in the league helps. I'm very jealous of that place, it's a real gem. To think they played for so long in that dumpy dome.

Thu Indianapolis @ Jacksonville

-

Sun Detroit @ Minnesota

Sun NY Giants @ Cincinnati X

Sun San Diego @ Tampa Bay

Sun Tennessee @ Miami X

Sun Oakland @ Baltimore

Sun Buffalo @ New England

Sun Atlanta @ New Orleans

Sun Denver @ Carolina

-

Sun NY Jets @ Seattle

Sun Dallas @ Philadelphia X

Sun St Louis @ San Francisco X

Sun Houston @ Chicago X

-

Mon Kansas City @ Pittsburgh

9-5. I'll take it. I had a feeling it would be a tricky week. And we had a tie !!

Fair play for having saints to win at unbeaten Atlanta ... Lucky guess :-) or have the falcons just been punching above their weight

Fair play for having saints to win at unbeaten Atlanta ... Lucky guess :-) or have the falcons just been punching above their weight

Let's look at the Falcons' CV:

Win 40-24[!!!] away to the beyond woeful Chiefs (who have had a lot of trouble scoring this season)

Win 27-21 home to the Broncos (nearly blowing a multiple touchdown lead, though to be fair, the Broncos this season seem to be on a mission to put Tegis and BOF into cardiac wards*)

Win 27-3 away to the Chargers (probably the signature result, but these are not your older brother's Chargers)

Win 30-28 home to Panthers (who are taking a step back this season now that Cam has been figured out)

Win 24-17 away to Redskins (and a concussed RGIII)

Win 23-20 home to the somewhat woeful Raiders

Win 30-17 away to the Eagles (who are pretty much a shambles)

Win 19-13 home to the Cowboys

A pair of early blowouts of poor AFC West teams (the AFC West is even easier to win this year than the AFC East, methinks), a few nailbiting wins (one entirely forgivable (albeit one that was a hanging-on-for-dear-life result) and two or three that raise a lot of questions), and a pair of serviceable away wins against teams with potential mitigating circumstances. Combine with a recent history of underperforming in big games, and you had to wonder about how good the Falcons really were/are.

(* the Broncos comebacks this season are more due to the strength of their run defense drawing opposing offenses away from trying to run out the clock...)

• Like 1

(* the Broncos comebacks this season are more due to the strength of their run defense drawing opposing offenses away from trying to run out the clock...)

Ah yes, one thing I thought would be a major weakness with DJ Williams out. Wesley Woodyard has been a revelation at linebacker and Derek Wolfe is the gem we were hoping for high in the draft

Losing that was probably the best thing for Atlanta- now they'll have the pressure of staying unbeaten lifted, and they can just get on with the job. I still think they can beat anyone, especially at home.

Â