Halo 4

Ingram85

Out on Tuesday, Anyone getting this? The leak a few weeks ago seems to have killed all the hype but I'm looking forward to this, by all accounts its the kick up the arse the series needed and I think it looks fantastic.

Just hope it regains that initial sense of awe that Combat Evolved evoked but which was missing from all the others.

It looks a lot better than Halo 3 and Reach. It seems 343 have really took Halo back to what made it great originally. I cant wait to get on Multiplayer, the new gametype "Domination" looks amazing. New weapons look quite cool. Really looking forward to it. It feels like the old Halo community is getting pretty excited about this game. After Reach was released the whole Halo thing went quite flat, and then most people moved to either COD or BF... hopefully a lot of people will come back for this.

I've played the single player and it's a bit meh... it's still the same Go to a place > shoot loads of people > Go to another place > shoot more people etc... I think the COD single player wins hands down.

But multiplayer will be extremely refreshing. So tired of the COD series, it's been the same game now for about 5 years.

IGN Review here.... http://www.ign.com/a...1/halo-4-review

"After soaking in the new game, I am beyond thrilled to be so in love with Halo again, more than I’ve been since Halo 2. Halo 4 is a masterstroke everyone can and should celebrate, and its two guaranteed sequels instantly make the next-generation Xbox a must-own system, with Halo 5 its most anticipated title. Halo has been rebuilt. It has been redefined. And it has been reinvigorated. The Xbox’s original king has returned to his rightful place on the throne."

Sounds promising

There's also a live stream here - https://www.youtube....player_embedded

Really excited about this now! Loved Combat Evolved, although I didn't even want it originally (it came bundled with my Xbox) as I'm not into shooters, but it's probably the most fun I've ever had playing a game. I felt incredibly immersed. Was extremely excited for Halo 2 but it never matched up to the original, and had similar feelings about 3. After that, I never got any of the follow-ups - although friends have advised me that Reach is worth playing - but felt some excitement upon hearing the fourth game was to be released. Still, I didn't want to get as excited as I did for the earlier sequels, and felt maybe it had been too long. I decided to ask Santa to get me the game for Christmas, rather than buying it on release day, like the teenager inside me wanted to! Would love to get my hands on it now rather than waiting, but it really will be an excellent Christmas present and I'll probably have got a little bored of FIFA by then too.

Will reserve judgement until I've played it, but it's so great to hear that I may feel something like I did when I played the original again. That would be awesome.

I've been playing quite a lot of the Multiplayer and it really is good fun! Think they've nailed it. Can see a lot of the old Halo crowd coming back to this. Can't see this game dragging many people away from COD though, it's very hard online already!

Some of the maps are great. Valhalla is back (from Halo 3) and is good fun. I'm usually a big player of "Big team battle" but weirdly, on this game i'm preferring the smaller 4v4 gametypes. The smaller maps are very good. Hope to see you online tonight.

Â