Embarrassed to be villa fan today

smetrov

By the drunken mob of villa 'fans' who found it necessary to goad and then attack a group of Albion fans who were doing nothing more than making there way out of the ground. Low life scum - don't bother going again.

Happened outside Doug Ellis after todays game.

Desperate scenes. Embarrassed by there actions after what had been a good day out.

I was watching the bit of aggro outside the ground after the game and i didn't think it came to anything?

Looked like the police separated the 2 groups and then it all dispersed after about 10/15 minutes.

Seems like any excuse to have a pop at any aspect of Villa or the fans and you'll take it.

I was watching the bit of aggro outside the ground after the game and i didn't think it came to anything?

Looked like the police separated the 2 groups and then it all dispersed after about 10/15 minutes.

Seems like any excuse to have a pop at any aspect of Villa or the fans and you'll take it.

Well pal I was right there from the off. No police within sight - a group of yobs - confronted the WBA fans - who had no protection and no where to go - I thought it was disgusting behavior. If you want to defend them that up to you - I wouldn't.

Read the match thread - I ve posted a pretty positive review about most players and general performance today - as I have done most of this season.

its only the same as the west broms fans who called my nieces (who are 5 & 7 btw) little inbred words removed on the car park before we walked to the game, obviously not to our faces but standing far enough away to run off, and these were blokes in there early 20`s. every club has this element of yob mentality that takes hold when there in a group of people.

Why are you embarrassed to be a Villa fan because of the actions of a few idiots?

Yeah fair point. Id took both my parents today - both in there 70's - and it had been a great day out. I just find it depressing that some people can't go to football match without feeling the need to smash someone else face in.

Fair enough, maybe i missed that bit. I don't condone it but i've no doubt that given the chance the Albion fans would do the same.

Plus did anyone see the Albion fans laughing when that little boy got hit by the ball before the match? rocket polishers!

It was brewing for good few minutes - it was obvious what was going to happen - not one police officer in sight - I couldn't understand why. Yet as soon as the boot went in - there was a baton charge - with a least one person knocked over. It could be as you say that WMP half engineered this to secure a noon KO in future.

There was less of police presence today(outside the Doug Ellis) - than for the Everton and Swansea matches !

It's a shame that many innocent Albion fans were caught up in and amongst the agro.

Their was a section of supporters which were singing anti-Albion songs, waiting for Albion fans to make their way out the exits.

Albion fans laughing at the lad hit by the ball? Quite the opposite. We were concerned for the little boy hence our chant of "one Graham Dorrans" seen as he went to make sure the little lad was OK.

Where did the villa troublemakers emerge from ? Holte or North lower ?

I don't know - I was in the Doug Ellis - and being with my parents was a little slower leaving the ground. As I walked down towards the north stand - a group of villa fans (and i use the term loosely) were chanting at the WBA fans - moving ever closer - the WBA fans were inching backwards expecting the police to intervene - but they were no where to be seen - eventually punches were thrown - seem like a smoke bomb as well - then the police moved swiftly in - in very heavy numbers. These weren't kids either old blokes at least in there 30's

Mate, Albion fans spent much of the game singing "Shit on the Villa". It was not one way traffic.

Football fans sing song inside ground. Bloody hell.

Quite similar to you singing "shit on the Baggies" I suppose. The trouble wasn't inside the ground, although it probably helped stem from there.

Oh ok I was in Doug Ellis upper by the WBA fans, I left on full time and turned right to walk up past the Holte so didn't see any bother. To be honest I'm amazed it wasn't a noon KO and that they even let the away lot out at the same time in a local derby. Presumably when SHA came they locked them in for a bit ?

I did find it strange that we let out at the same time. Especially with so few coppers when tensions were running high in the ground. Walking back towards the coaches I had numerous verbals threw my way, purely because I was talking about the Albion, although he was a bit of a drunken knob.

It could be as you say that WMP half engineered this to secure a noon KO in future.
I didn't say that! :)

It could be as you say that WMP half engineered this to secure a noon KO in future.
I didn't say that! :)

No you didn't - apologies.

It was IMO very suspect policing.

Â