The Carling cup final team

Hereford-Villan

Arsenal have sold Toure, Clichy, Song, Fabregas, Nasri, Eboue, Adebayor & Van Persie in the last 3 seasons. Pretty much a full team.

At least two of those players we lost were shit, one is battling more serious problems than 0 points from 2 games and the two you mentioned could still make an impact this season.

QPR, maybe West Ham.

and thats the team that lost in the final. Surely we want to create a winning team?

Change is a necessary evil.

The team we're creating wouldn't get anywhere near the final.

Not at the moment no, but Lambert's only just begun building.

It's not even like that team was that great, and some of the losses have been unavoidable/good for the team.

I mean, the only really quality players in that line-up were Young, Downing, Milner and Petrov, and the only reason the latter isn't still playing right now is because of cancer.

QPR, maybe West Ham.

and thats the team that lost in the final. Surely we want to create a winning team?

Can you honestly believe that Lambert is trying not trying to create a team that will win things like that. It's not a quick fix. It's not going to happen this season, It's likely it won't happen next season. The longer Lambert has to create his team the more likely it will be a winning team.

QPR, maybe West Ham.

Can you honestly believe that Lambert is trying not trying to create a team that will win things like that. It's not a quick fix. It's not going to happen this season, It's likely it won't happen next season. The longer Lambert has to create his team the more likely it will be a winning team.

I hope you're right, but make no mistake this is the worst Villa squad I've seen since 86/87. We haven't got time. If we get it wrong this season we'll be relegated and the shit will hit the fan. This isn't based on some grand plan from Lerner which will reap the benefits in the future, this is based purely on Lerner cutting costs. Lambert will have to be an unbelievable manager to turn a bunch of lower league and unknown foreign players into a PL team to contend with. As I said, I hope I'm wrong and you're right, but this whole situation stinks and this is a very worrying time for Villa.

QPR, maybe West Ham.

Can you honestly believe that Lambert is trying not trying to create a team that will win things like that. It's not a quick fix. It's not going to happen this season, It's likely it won't happen next season. The longer Lambert has to create his team the more likely it will be a winning team.[/quote

I hope you're right, but make no mistake this is the worst Villa squad I've seen since 86/87. We haven't got time. If we get it wrong this season we'll be relegated and the shit will hit the fan. This isn't based on some grand plan from Lerner which will reap the benefits in the future, this is based purely on Lerner cutting costs. Lambert will have to be an unbelievable manager to turn a bunch of lower league and unknown foreign players into a PL team to contend with. As I said, I hope I'm wrong and you're right, but this whole situation stinks and this is a very worrying time for Villa.

Yep. Cutting costs by spending 20 million.

You guys can say things as many times as you would like, it does not change the fact that we spent more money than most Premier League squads this window.

QPR, maybe West Ham.

You guys can say things as many times as you would like, it does not change the fact that we spent more money than most Premier League squads this window.

Wages, we won't pay the wages.

QPR, maybe West Ham.

How is not better than last season? Basically we've lost Collins for Vlaar, Heskey for Benteke and Cuellar for 6 other players (although none of them are central defenders exactly). How exactly is that not an improvement? The only decent player we lost was Cuellar.

And who cares if they're "unknown foreigners"? If they're good enough (and Vlaar and El-Ahmadi look good enough to me) then what's the problem? Even the lower league players aren't always a problem. Plenty of talent comes from the lower leagues.

QPR, maybe West Ham.

Wages, we won't pay the wages.

We were willing to pay Dempsey's wages.

What it comes down to is we are not willing to pay wages to players who do not deserve them.

QPR, maybe West Ham.

He turned a bunch of lower league players into a team who finished 12th in the premier league. Above Villa. We've spent 20m+ this window. On players that I believe are better than some players we have bought in previous windows (Hutton, N'zogbia, and other shitheads). What you can do is get down to Villa Park and cheer these lads on. They'll need all the help they can get.

Unbelievable to think that nobody from that team will be in the starting 11 this season. Only Dunne and Gabby left in the squad that started the game.

Tell me another Premier league team that has had that sort of change of personnel.

Without checking, I would certainly have a punt on Spurs. Who's left from their 2009-10 squad? Bale and Defoe, maybe, but anyone else?

QPR, maybe West Ham.

You mean the worst villa squad you have seen on paper surely? You haven't seen the team with all the new signings in yet.

Kjparton: " He turned a bunch of lower league players into a team who finished 12th in the premier league. Above Villa. We've spent 20m+ this window. On players that I believe are better than some players we have bought in previous windows (Hutton, N'zogbia, and other shitheads). What you can do is get down to Villa Park and cheer these lads on. They'll need all the help they can get."

Great post. 10/10 I'm really excited about this team.

Â