I've gone Galaxy

Dodgyknees

cheers guys. Really love this phone, feels so good in my hand and I love that it feels like my phone.

Wondering one thing though, I want to put some video files on, they are .avi, but I cannot seem to get them to play, any ideas?

And just to settle Limpid's stomach, these are videos I have created and own the rights to :) and for that matter, is there a good video editor, like the Iphone's Movie Editor?

Sounds odd about the avi files not playing. Try mx video player and download the codec pack for it and see if that works. But the default player on Samsung phones can play anything from my experience, mkv, mp4, avi all play fine.

On phone video editing software is only on the Android AOSP based stuff I think, like with the Nexus devices.

I'm sure you could side-load the app. If you don't find anything let me know and I'll pull the APK off my phone.

In the Samsung apps store there is the Samsung video maker, it came pre installed on the S2 and was pretty good. I'd try that out as I'd expect it to be the best free option for sure. You know the Samsung app store? It's on your phone

Also the photo editor app on there is good too. Obviously you already have kies air which is great.

I don't think the galaxy quite plays anything. I added black swan (which I downloaded a digital copy of completely legally) to my phone a couple of weeks ago and it had to convert it to .wmv before it owuld play it.

Which is annoying as it automatically plays anything I'd bought or downloaded through iTunes, but I purposely downloaded the non itunes version of Black Swan, given the option, thinking it would be easier.

Moral of the story, if you get a digital copy of anything, download the itunes version. It's way quicker and easier and it'll work on your galaxy no bother.

Â