I've gone Galaxy

Dodgyknees

Can you add anything Limpid? Such as conversion of my files?

No, I've never bought locked in media so I can't assist with that at all. This was discussed recently when Stevo converted his stuff, but I'm sure someone will post it into this thread where it'll be more accessible.

90% is CDs I have imported.

No, I've never bought locked in media so I can't assist with that at all. This was discussed recently when Stevo converted his stuff, but I'm sure someone will post it into this thread where it'll be more accessible.

Ripping CDs where you are not the owner of the copyright is illegal in the UK. I am choosing to read this as if you have ripped CDs of music where you own the copyright in that music. To prevent confusion please don't mention this again on the forum.

I suspect it's the whole of Europe, but it's definitely true in England, Wales and Scotland. It's not relevant though, ripping is illegal in the UK and the site/servers are in the UK so please don't talk about it.

Ripping CDs where you are not the owner of the copyright is illegal in the UK. I am choosing to read this as if you have ripped CDs of music where you own the copyright in that music. To prevent confusion please don't mention this again on the forum.

I'd make the suggestion you put that in the guidelines as I checked them about copyright due to me wanting to post about another form of downloading music. I saw nothing there about this not being allowed.

I'll refrain in future, but due to what is stated in those guidelines, I cannot be responsible for posting something which is currently not stated in the above link,

No it isn't mp3, most of it is the iTunes format. What is the best tool for that
Max? http://sbooth.org/Max/

I have that on my mac, and it is an open source converter. No idea if it's the best or not.

Free audio converter is another option. I did a quick batch test on a folder and it seemed to do the job.

Portable apps made it...eh...portable as well

I'd make the suggestion you put that in the guidelines as I checked them about copyright due to me wanting to post about another form of downloading music. I saw nothing there about this not being allowed.

I'll refrain in future, but due to what is stated in those guidelines, I cannot be responsible for posting something which is currently not stated in the above link,

Might be worth adding something about your policy on posting football streaming links too.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the Terms of Use of the site (linked at the foot of every page and agreed to by all users when they sign up for an account) clearly say that you must not use the site for anything illegal.

Might be worth adding something about your policy on posting football streaming links too.

I think this is a off topic, but there is no site policy specifically covering streaming. Streaming isn't illegal as long as you have the permission of the rights' holder. This thread isn't the place to discuss site policy so please start another thread if you'd like to discuss either of these subjects.

I suspect it's the whole of Europe, but it's definitely true in England, Wales and Scotland. It's not relevant though, ripping is illegal in the UK and the site/servers are in the UK so please don't talk about it.

Cheers, was just wondering about cross border rules like an internet site. In times when google will lower your ranking for such things you can't be too safe limpid

Thanks Conor, but I really don't care about the Page ranking, it's more the threats from various bully boys. Even the FA's legal dogs have threatened to prosecute me in the past. :mrgreen:

Great tips guys.

For those who have the phone, how is it a few months in and what apps do you suggest?

Just to pick a few

Chrome to phone. Send links, numbers and files from your desktop-browser to your phone.

Google music

Soccer Livescores

As for apps. Get SwiftKey it's the best keyboard you can get. Also get light flow, it let's you customise the led for notifications. As I already mentioned download chrome as it's the best browser.

Also go into s voice app and hit settings and un check the launch s voice box. It removes lag when hitting the home button.

Oh and of course Kies Air is fantastic. Basically you install the app on your phone and when you turn it on you are given a url to put into a browser on the same wifi network. You can now access your phone and use it via the browser, be it copy files, send text messages, etc.. you can do it all from you pc while your phone charges in your bedroom.

Tis awesome and shows off how great Android really is.

Well, I use music widget that comes pre installed on phone. Also I use a twitter widget. That's about it really.

I'm not a big apps person to be honest. I just use a few powerful apps to get my phone right. I use tasker a lot, but it's a bit complex so I don't suggest you use it yet.

Â