1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

hhhmmm :-/

I got this, didn't look at the table and just predicted results

axqtx.jpg

Incredible, so cocky from our fans.

Exactly the same we dislike Liverpool for and yet we are so bloody sure of ourselves.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

No, we are safe and staying up is ridiculous.

FFS Den lighten up - so Wigan are going to beat Arsenal and us?

Relegation is closer than ive seen some people suggest but some of these tables are riridulouc, norwich the team who cant score are going to get 4 points from wba and city away? Again newcastle 4 points from arsenal and qpr? 

hhhmmm :-/

I got this, didn't look at the table and just predicted results

axqtx.jpg

Incredible, so cocky from our fans.

Exactly the same we dislike Liverpool for and yet we are so bloody sure of ourselves.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

No, we are safe and staying up is ridiculous.

FFS Den lighten up - so Wigan are going to beat Arsenal and us?

Apparently Wigan are f**king wonderful according to some on here.

Makes you wonder how they got to be 18th in the first place!

Edited by pacbuddies

1.This could go horribly, horribly wrong so easily...

2.Tell me, who the **** thought Wigan would win today? I sure as hell didn't!!

3.The only thing we have going for us is that technically it is still in our hands,

4. ...there is a reason why we have only won 10 games this season....

5.What's also annoyed me is that we have only taken 2 points off the top 6 teams this season... That's woeful.

1. No. It could go horribly, horribly wrong with great and convoluted difficulty.

2. Next to no-one, it's one of the biggest cup shocks in recent times that's why you could get 9/1 on them to win. We are currently around 50/1 to go down, what does that tell you.

3. It's not technically in our hands, it IS in our hands

4. There is also a reason they have won even fewer than that

5. It may or may not be woeful but in the scheme of things it is definitely irrelevant.

Fair play to Wigan today. They played well and got an absolutely tremendous result for them and a great achievement for such a small club.

However having said the above Man City were very poor today and didn't turn up.

Will an in form Arsenal, top of the form league, not turn up at the Emirates on Tuesday desperately needing a result to help secure a Champions League place. I very much doubt it. I see Wigan losing by a couple of goals. Results tomorrow may however still give them a sniff of staying up.

Can't actually believe I've read through the last 5 or 6 pages of the thread, which has contained either boring as **** arguments or everyone saying without Benteke and Wigan winning on Tuesday we are down, FML.

Today's result didn't change much for me as thought we would get 6 points from the Sunderland, Norwich and Chelsea games and we did. Not bothering looking at the other teams (Norwich, Newcastle, Sunderland, Southampton) as Wigan should be our main focus.

Wigan need a win against Arsenal, with Arsenal still chasing CL football and after Chelsea's win today and on Spud's result tomo need a win at the Emirates on Tuesday. Wigan did win there last season, but weren't coming off a FA Cup final 4 days before, which they have now won meaning a weekend on the piss in London for Wigan's players, so hungover till Monday even longer depending on their session ;)

A draw at best IMO which we mean they need 4 points to stay up from their final game against us :P

Edited by Avflife

Did anyone watch the woeful Wigan at home to Swansea recently?

That is the same Wigan that will be playing AWAY at Champions League regulars Arsenal (who are top of the form table) and who will absolutely want to sign off their last home game of the season with a victory.

Whatever happened at Wembley today is totally irrelevant. The domestic cups have no relation to league performance or league standing (Bradford and Millwall are testimony to this fact).

It's time to stop being in awe of some poxy little team from up north and get a grip on reality. Wigan are poor and are going down!

• Like 2

If your a doom and gloom merchant I guess you could simply focus on the fact that Wigan today beat the multi million pound Man City side, won the FA Cup and that means they will now go and beat Arsenal.

If you are a realist you will see that today Wigan, currently the 18th worst side in the league after 36 games, today played well but beat a Man City side who simply didn't turn up. A Wigan side that 4 days ago lost to a Swansea side, who had **** all to play for, at home. A Wigan side who 3 days after an energy sapping final at Wembley will now go to the home of the team top of the form league desperate to win to secure a Champions League place. A Wigan side who on Tuesday will lose.

Just done the predictor, we finish 16th with 40 points :)

Norwich and Newcastle to win and Southampton and Sunderland to draw to tomo, Wigan to draw against Arsenal on Tuesday.

Meaning the last day set of fixtures is irrelevant :) 

• Like 1

If your a doom and gloom merchant I guess you could simply focus on the fact that Wigan today beat the multi million pound Man City side, won the FA Cup and that means they will now go and beat Arsenal.

If you are a realist you will see that today Wigan, currently the 18th worst side in the league after 36 games, today played well but beat a Man City side who simply didn't turn up. A Wigan side that 4 days ago lost to a Swansea side, who had **** all to play for, at home. A Wigan side who 3 days after an energy sapping final at Wembley will now go to the home of the team top of the form league desperate to win to secure a Champions League place. A Wigan side who on Tuesday will lose.

Didn't you know that Wigan, currently 18th in the league and who have just lost at home to Swansea, are now world beaters because they have managed to fluke a 1-0 cup final win in the 91st minute against 10 men?

We are doomed.

All hail mighty Wigan!

I think some people here will be in for a very rude awakening tomorrow come 16:50ish. A couple of upsets on the cards for sure....

Only a couple? So you DO think we are safe. :P

Nooo because, at least two of the teams will win tomorrow, and then Wigan will beat us on the last day and the other teams will also pick up points....I've got it all figured out.

:( hate this season. It's balls.

It's time to stop being in awe of some poxy little team from up north and get a grip on reality. Wigan are poor and are going down!

Was that Mancini's prematch team talk today?

I doubt it. Wigan is West of Machester!