Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think Lambert has shown some promise, he's made adjustments to the team throughout the season to try to address the shortcomings of the squad and has finished up with a system that allows us to get our best players on the field

Agreed.

But on the flip side he's also shown a lot of poor decision making and failed to adjust in many matches leading to loss of points. For me he has to take part of the blame for how poor we are at holding onto a lead or getting something once we go behind.

He's struggled with results, but I think pretty much any manager would have

I don't agree at all. I don't think all managers would have made the same transfer decisions or made the same poor decisions Lambert has made this season.

We have one hurdle to overcome, it's a big one and it's not going to be easy, but if we can manage it, then I think there are brighter days ahead.

Possibly. His defence last year and this has been absolutely awful. I'm not 100% confident he can improve that next year.

He's managed to win more games than last season but balancing that out he's also lost more. We've scored more goals than last season, but again balancing that out we've also let in more goals. We currently average the same amount of points a game and are sitting roughly in the same position.

Positives and negatives for me and it still leaves me unsure of what the future can hold under Lambert. I really hoped that by this point I'd be well convinced that Lambert would be the right man for us.

Edited by Big_John_10

jesus, if liverpool get another 2, and we win by a couple on monday, we'll have the same goal difference and points as newcastle

That would be ridiculous.

Their run in doesn't look easy for them.

Edited by Big_John_10

newcastle are in trouble.

West Ham are in form, so next week they'll probably lose. then a away game QPR, who will be already relegated, so winnable last day home to Arsenal in CL ticket battle.

they can get 40 points, but this is not the time to be out of form

West Ham are in form, so next week they'll probably lose. then a away game QPR, who will be already relegated, so winnable last day home to Arsenal in CL ticket battle.

Sadly, they'll most likely beat QPR - though a draw there might help our cause somewhat

Positives and negatives for me and it still leaves me unsure of what the future can hold under Lambert. I really hoped that by this point I'd be well convinced that Lambert would be the right man for us.

That's a fair enough assessment I think - I'm a bit more positive on him than you are I suspect and for me there are two reasons for persisting - firstly, we need to build some sort of stability and I certainly don't think he's harmful in the same way as the previous manager, and secondly for McLeish, my feeling is that the first half of his season wasn't bad and the second half got worse whereas for Lambert, it feels like we've improved in the second half of the season - in my head, that forms a big curve with the current end pointing upwards - it might not actually be true, I haven't checked whether it stacks up in terms of the stats, but it's how it seems to me.

It'd be a lot easier to have faith in having the right man if we had another three or four points though - these are fine margins and I suspect they're gong to be very important.

Sadly, they'll most likely beat QPR - though a draw there might help our cause somewhat

a draw would be great.

on the other hand, QPR already relegated would mean players will play for individual glory to secure a transfer. Players like Remy and Taarabt can hurt a defence that way.

firstly, we need to build some sort of stability and I certainly don't think he's harmful in the same way as the previous manager

100% agree and for me if we survive then yes we should give him another year and see what happens.

McLeish, my feeling is that the first half of his season wasn't bad and the second half got worse whereas for Lambert, it feels like we've improved in the second half of the season

Again I'd agree with that.

Can't really say you're wrong to be positive about the future under Lambert because there are positives to look at. Just hope we survive so we can potentially see them become reality.

That's a fair enough assessment I think - I'm a bit more positive on him than you are I suspect and for me there are two reasons for persisting - firstly, we need to build some sort of stability and I certainly don't think he's harmful in the same way as the previous manager, and secondly for McLeish, my feeling is that the first half of his season wasn't bad and the second half got worse whereas for Lambert, it feels like we've improved in the second half of the season - in my head, that forms a big curve with the current end pointing upwards - it might not actually be true, I haven't checked whether it stacks up in terms of the stats, but it's how it seems to me.

It'd be a lot easier to have faith in having the right man if we had another three or four points though - these are fine margins and I suspect they're gong to be very important.

Nice post and I don't disagree with any of it ... however, even if we do go down I really like the way Lambert is going about sorting this team out. I do actually have a lot of confidence in him and whereas the next 4 games are going to be decisive in the majority of peoples minds as to whether he is a success or not, even if we go down I'd really want Lambert to stay and finish off the job he has started.

Nice post and I don't disagree with any of it ... however, even if we do go down I really like the way Lambert is going about sorting this team out. I do actually have a lot of confidence in him and whereas the next 4 games are going to be decisive in the majority of peoples minds as to whether he is a success or not, even if we go down I'd really want Lambert to stay and finish off the job he has started.

For me I just can't get behind this thinking. If we go down then he really hasn't sorted the team out. He's lowered the wage bill and got us relegated, I think I could have achieved that.

firstly, we need to build some sort of stability and I certainly don't think he's harmful in the same way as the previous manager

100% agree and for me if we survive then yes we should give him another year and see what happens.

McLeish, my feeling is that the first half of his season wasn't bad and the second half got worse whereas for Lambert, it feels like we've improved in the second half of the season

Again I'd agree with that.

Can't really say you're wrong to be positive about the future under Lambert because there are positives to look at. Just hope we survive so we can potentially see them become reality.

Feeling positive has the potential to get a whole lot more difficult over the next couple of weeks. :)

I think no matter what happens he should stay as well.

Who are we going to get as a better manager than Lambert in the championship? Same question if we just stayed up. If we stay up he can build on this and get rid of a few more duds in the summer and sign a few more Bentekes