Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

So what if we lose the next 3 games and are well adrift in the bottom three? Is 15 games enough to be concerned? What if we get to Christmas still in the bottom three? Not many clubs survive that.

I personally believe it is not going to be as bad and doom and gloom as some are anticipating.

bennett looks like he did at boro. lightweight and rash. as for vlaar i suggest you watch him more closely. constantly out of position and he loses runners all of the time. certainly not a good replacement for collins. westwood again is too lightweight and bowry is just a bench warmer and was a pointless signing. even chesterfield fans were gobsmacked a prem team signed him.

Are you free to manage Villa ? - If we can get rid of Lambert we could do with an expert like you?

When I hear a respected football voice or an ex-player say its time for Lambert to go I might take notice but until then I'm happy with my opinion

Lambert will not be leaving this season (and hopefully not any time soon after that)

We need a new midfield. Simple as that.

I have been saying for two years as everyone else bangs on about our defense and our strikers not being good enough that the reason they appear not good enough is we have a piss poor midfield.

A midfield that can hold the ball and break up play suddenly takes pressure off the defense. If the defense is not constantly under pressure, suddenly those "Sunday league" mistakes disappear.

A midfield that can get forward, play through defenders, and make incisive passes suddenly makes goalscorers more potent. If goalscorers know they are going to get more than 1-2 real chances a game, suddenly they relax and stop missing fairly easy opportunities.

My real problem with Lambert's spending was he did not address the midfield. KEA looks like a Makounesque signing - not going to slight Lambert for this. Everyone gets them wrong from time to time - and Westwood was a signing for the future we have been forced to play now, even though he has played well.

I think we need 4 signings in January with at least 3 of them in the middle of the park. I hope Lambert does too.

I agree with a lot of this - we do need to stregthen in midfield and the rest of the team would look much better

It's inconceivable to me to even contemplate the implications of sacking Lambert - ever.

He has started something here and I want him to finish it. I like his ambition and his philosophy. I think that, believe it or not, it's on a similar wavelength to Mr Lerners and that is why, eventually, this could work out.

Whilst I think there is a very strong possibility of us being relegated, (with the lack of points to matches played, it is hard to consider otherwise), lambert in the long run will be good for our club. We need a SAF around the place, someone with a little authority and someone we can be proud of for years! A new manager every season is rediculous and not the way forward at all. Deep down we all know this. Don't we?

No. By all means give a manager twenty years, but it has to be the right bloke. Anybody who relegates us isn't the right man. For a start, the gap between the Premier League and the Championship in terms of finances is only going to get even more cavernous from this season onwards. Taking us down would be ruinous, and we could well spend years in the wilderness like Leeds or Sheffield Weds.

• Like 1

Are you free to manage Villa ? - If we can get rid of Lambert we could do with an expert like you?

When I hear a respected football voice or an ex-player say its time for Lambert to go I might take notice but until then I'm happy with my opinion

Considering we had that idiot Lerner bleating on like a love-sick puppy about his letter of recommendation from Ferguson last year when he appointed McLeish, I don't think your post has any merit whatsoever.

Lambert will not be leaving this season (and hopefully not any time soon after that)

yeah. lets keep him, he is performing worse than billy mcneill and alex mcleish

I agree with a lot of this - we do need to stregthen in midfield and the rest of the team would look much better

why was lambert making signings for the future. everybody knew we needed signings to make an immediate impact given how fragile we are. Lambert has dug himself a massive hole one which i dont believe he is capable of getting out of.his policy of young and hungry players is the wrong one, he strikes me as the sort of man that will stick to his guns even though his guns are shooting him in the foot.

Didn't McLeish sign proven players? Didn't we all slag them off saying they have no hunger, they don't give a shit. Zog, Hutton, Jenas, Given where did we end up with that. We have changed the core of the side, however I think after the Stoke game we will have a clearer idea of where we are.

• Like 1

Considering we had that idiot Lerner bleating on like a love-sick puppy about his letter of recommendation from Ferguson last year when he appointed McLeish, I don't think your post has any merit whatsoever.

What has my post got to do with Lerner or McLeish?? I'm no big fan of either

My point is that nobody with any sense thinks that now is the right time to sack the manager

Thankfully commonsense will prevail and Lambert will get the chance he deserves - your right out of luck if you think differently

why was lambert making signings for the future. everybody knew we needed signings to make an immediate impact given how fragile we are. Lambert has dug himself a massive hole one which i dont believe he is capable of getting out of.his policy of young and hungry players is the wrong one, he strikes me as the sort of man that will stick to his guns even though his guns are shooting him in the foot.

Obviously because he didnt have the money available to buy proven, experienced world class players and Villa didnt have the money to pay their wages

Didn't McLeish sign proven players? Didn't we all slag them off saying they have no hunger, they don't give a shit. Zog, Hutton, Jenas, Given where did we end up with that. We have changed the core of the side, however I think after the Stoke game we will have a clearer idea of where we are.

Agree with this. Most of what I read on this forum throughout last season was what you have said there, and yet now we have people whining for those days back.

The bigger picture looks a lot better to me than it did this time last season.

So, there's no middle ground between signing shite like Hutton and N'Zogbia, or a bunch of kids from the lower leagues? We honestly couldn't have spent the £20m that Lambert was given more wisely?

We will be keeping him thanks - if you think McNeill and McLeish were better managers you're deluded

I watched games under mcneill and mcleish and you cant argue with the fact that he is not getting results any better than those two can you. Infact this season feels a lot like 86

We certainly are in a relegation dog fight although we may be lucky that there are 3 worse teams than us! A third year of scrambling at the bottom is certainly on the cards though.

We may always be in the game for 60 minutes but its the other 30 that worry me ...

Not in the bottom three.

Morpheus, Risso & KHV - you are all obviously unhappy with PL and want him gone but you are in a very small minority

I expected us to struggle during the first half of the season. PL took over an absolute mess and is slowly turning things around, we are playing more attractive football and the players look proud to be wearing the shirt again. We haven't had a lot of luck yet but I can see the performance improving week by week. We are still going to struggle from time to time but I expect us to slowly climb the table

Lambert isn't going anywhere soon and i hope you are all around to eat your words - I think we will end up around 12th - would a mid-table finish satisfy you?