RIP Word Magazine

bickster

Type "word magazine big country" into google and you may regret praising that publication ..

Sadly I can't get into the articles but the google returns suggest they were fans :-)

They also seem to have been somewhat appreciative (at least by UK music press standards) of Rush...

(I've at times been tempted to do a Rush vs. Jimmy Buffett vs. Big Country vs. Queen poll... if there's any other examples of bands which have become associated with a particular VT poster, they could also be added)

It was a good mag, I subscribed and will miss it. They packed it in because of the loss of advertising due to the financial world clusterf**k. The podcasts were a joy ,too. Q magazine now employs quite a few of the writers, and is now edited by Andrew Harrison.

They also seem to have been somewhat appreciative (at least by UK music press standards) of Rush...

(I've at times been tempted to do a Rush vs. Jimmy Buffett vs. Big Country vs. Queen poll... if there's any other examples of bands which have become associated with a particular VT poster, they could also be added)

Beatles and Bicks :mrgreen:

Dunno how I'd vote on that. They all come under the category... "meh".

Beatles and Bicks :mrgreen:

Risso and Belle & Sebastian. 8)

Me and Vera Lynn.

so you're the mystery toy boy she referred to in her autobiography

:lol:

The dates all seem to match up ....

it's how he managed to dodge the draft ....

Â