General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Johnson is on £100k a week

Forget about players of this magnitude because it simply isn't happening

We are signing players who will play for 15-20k a week and someone like Lowton maybe on less than 10k a week

Probably waiting for Andy Carroll to get it straight in his addled brain - between hangovers - that he's not going to Newcastle and isnt going to get a game with a team where he will be required to play football?

I think it's time for a few to face reality. We are crippled with debt, the owner is unwilling to throw money at the project and we can look forward to "sustainable" investment going forward ie. Lowton Holman etc etc.

Today could be a real eye opener for some of the happy clappy optimists

That's right we are in big debt. The trouble is, the more cutbacks Lerner makes the closer we come to relegation, and then we certainly would be in the shit.

Problem is I can't see us going from signing cheap foreign players and lower league players like Lowton to really investing any cash or wages in proven PL players like Johnson for example. Without adding more PL proven quality this will leave us short this season.

im hoping its because the clubs they were from and agents for the players were easier to deal with and that's why it seems we're only signing cheap foreign talent and lower league players, which i seem to remember a few ppl complaining that we didn't do enough of under previous managers.

Adam Johnson is on £100k a week

Forget about players of this magnitude because it simply isn't happening

We are signing players who will play for 15-20k a week and someone like Lowton maybe on less than 10k a week

You do not know exactly what Adam Johnson is paid every week. Also, eveyone knows that the salary you get at Man City is not going to be equalled anywhere else - especially not if you go somewhere to get more playing time. He is still very young and already very rich, but he is not a tool like Mario Balotelli, and strikes me as a person that would take a cut to enjoy his football.

Also, you do not know what kind of players we are getting and how much we could potentially pay them. If we found a good player, I seriously doubt Lerner would not sanction the deal because he wanted 40k. Do you think Ron Vlaar, who left CL football and a much nicer stadiums than ours, to get 20k a week?

Stop talking ostentatiously about things you can hardly call anything other than your pessimistic opinion.

I think Lambert will still sign 1 more marquee player IMO.. If its for the right price that is.

Who are the marquee players we have signed already this window?

The poster who said the budget was £8m + 50% of any sales is looking bang on the money

That had actually crossed my mind too CI but none of us know what our transfer budget is? We will know by the end of this window whether Lambert is working with both arms behind his back or we'll have Carroll (loan), Adam Johnson and Clint the Eastwood Dempsey in a Villa shirt with possibility Gabby going to Sunderland instead of Fletcher. Not looking much am I ?

Actually, we won't know that. We'll never know how much Lambert has been given to spend, or under what conditions. At the end of the transfer window we'll only know how much has been spent, and there are many reasons why that might not be the actual budget.

I think Lambert will still sign 1 more marquee player IMO.. If its for the right price that is.

Who are the marquee players we have signed already this window?

Sorry I wrote that wrong, I meant We will sign 1 marquee this window..

Like this ?

classic-marquees02.jpg

Personally I prefer the comfort of the Doug Ellis stand.

The poster who said the budget was £8m + 50% of any sales is looking bang on the money

That had actually crossed my mind too CI but none of us know what our transfer budget is? We will know by the end of this window whether Lambert is working with both arms behind his back or we'll have Carroll (loan), Adam Johnson and Clint the Eastwood Dempsey in a Villa shirt with possibility Gabby going to Sunderland instead of Fletcher. Not looking much am I ?

Actually, we won't know that. We'll never know how much Lambert has been given to spend, or under what conditions. At the end of the transfer window we'll only know how much has been spent, and there are many reasons why that might not be the actual budget.

It may not be the actual budget but it would be a very good indication, it is highly unlikely that Lambert would be handed £50m to spend and he only spends £8-10m.

It may not be the actual budget but a very good indication, it is highly unlikely that Lambert would be handed £50m to spend and he only spends £8-10m.

Is anyone really expecting £50M ? Personally i think our budget is more likely to be around £20M, but i still don't know if Lambert would spend all of that, he wouldn't have had anything like the budget he's got here at Norwich, so i suppose he'll have been scouting players in the lower leagues and cheaper foreign players ....which as it happens seems to be what he's signing.

For years we've been moaning about getting ripped of for players with Premier League experience, and then getting stung on their wages, now we seem to have a manager who is prepared to look further afield, people are still moaning because we have't spent enough.

Newcastle proved last year that there are bargains to be had, and yo don't need to spend £50M to become competitive, maybe Lambert has already or will unearth some gems. The transfer budget is insignificant (Torres £40M, or Carrol £35M anyone ?), the significant thing is the capability of the manager and his staff to bring in the right players.

It may not be the actual budget but a very good indication, it is highly unlikely that Lambert would be handed £50m to spend and he only spends £8-10m.

Is anyone really expecting £50M ? Personally i think our budget is more likely to be around £20M, but i still don't know if Lambert would spend all of that, he wouldn't have had anything like the budget he's got here at Norwich, so i suppose he'll have been scouting players in the lower leagues and cheaper foreign players ....which as it happens seems to be what he's signing.

For years we've been moaning about getting ripped of for players with Premier League experience, and then getting stung on their wages, now we seem to have a manager who is prepared to look further afield, people are still moaning because we have't spent enough.

Newcastle proved last year that there are bargains to be had, and yo don't need to spend £50M to become competitive, maybe Lambert has already or will unearth some gems. The transfer budget is insignificant (Torres £40M, or Carrol £35M anyone ?), the significant thing is the capability of the manager and his staff to bring in the right players.

I'm not suggesting for one second we have £50m to spend, we all know we don't but what I'm saying is if a manager is given a budget by the boards that they have told him is perfectly ok to spend, why would he not spend it? When it is very obvious to everyone that we do need additions.