Day Z (PC)

NorthEastVillan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Worth buying even if it's in Alpha?

If you like the game and recognise that you are buying a game that is currently an alpha then yes absolutely.

I know that sounds stupid but you'd be amazed at how many people buy an alpha and then complain about stuff you'd expect in an alpha or even a beta.

I know that sounds stupid but you'd be amazed at how many people buy an alpha and then complain about stuff you'd expect in an alpha or even a beta.

This. It's baffling how often you read gripes about a beta release of a game. I read people complaining about ping times to the TitanFall open beta. If you don't understand what beta code is then don't play a beta game.

This. It's baffling how often you read gripes about a beta release of a game. I read people complaining about ping times to the TitanFall open beta. If you don't understand what beta code is then don't play a beta game.

I think there's a difference between games that are in active development and allow early access, like DayZ, anmd something like Titanfall which opened the doors just a few weeks before release. It's not a beta, it's the modern equivalent of a demo.

Â