Rename the West Midlands county?

TRS-T

My point is this:

The North East and the North West are treated as separate regions.

Sometimes they are, and sometimes not.

The South East and the South West are treated as separate regions.
Mostly, yes. But for example Cornwall is 250 miles from London. Seems fair enough.

So why aren't the East Midlands and the West Midlands treated as separate regions?
They sometimes are. For example when house prices, or unemployment figures, or other data are announced, they almost always separate East and West Mids. Even on the weather forecast.

I realize that my opinion on this is basically worthless, but the ever-shifting county-map of England gets a WTF from me. What was so terrible about the old counties? Give me Huntingdonshire over some abortion like Cleveland, useless amalgam like Hereford & Worcester*, or a placeholder like West Midlands (though it looks like marginally more thought was put into that than Greater Manchester).

At least some of the most egregious atrocities of the 1972 Act have been undone, but the job should probably be finished at some point.

*: though I suppose that it is nice that thanks to that quarter-century of disestablishment, Massachusetts is now the home of the oldest continuously established County of Worcester in the world.

More people will visit Warwick or Stratford than Coventry. Especially Stratford. One of the most visited places outside London in the whole of the uk.

Should rename it stratfordshire

More people will visit Warwick or Stratford than Coventry. Especially Stratford. One of the most visited places outside London in the whole of the uk.

Should rename it stratfordshire

Couldn't believe how many Americans were in stratford when i last went.

Â