Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Guest heppelstone16

I think the SWP story may POSSIBLY be true because mon was obviously interested to start with cos he wanted to swap baros for him and even though it didnt happen he would still be interested in him and 10 mill seems like a reasonable bid jose obviously isnt that interested in keeping him and 10 mill would prob be easily made available by randy to buy him.

Just a though.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're allowed to post your 'hunches' on this post and mine is that the other player MON is waiting on is Darren Bent. I know that we've been linked with him all window and Charlton have said he's not leaving but Watford said that about Young and the fact that it has turned out that MON actually put in a bid for SWP makes me think that at the beginning of Jan our excellent management team put in bids for all the players MON wanted. I reckon Charlton are waiting to see if it's topped and will come back to Villa soon to say OK you can talk to him.

Oh and Marilyn Monroe paid Elvis to shoot Kennedy.

Bent is probably not going to happen. O'Neill's said he's got his eye on a couple of other players - one being SWP, but I can't see the other being a striker since we've signed Carew. This may be wishful thinking, but I think it will be a central midfielder. If not that then perhaps someone experienced to add to the back 4.

Bent is probably not going to happen. O'Neill's said he's got his eye on a couple of other players - one being SWP, but I can't see the other being a striker since we've signed Carew. This may be wishful thinking, but I think it will be a central midfielder. If not that then perhaps someone experienced to add to the back 4.

Curtis Davies?It'll be nice to beat NU and sign him :P

I've spoken about Davies for the last 3 years, he is a class act no doubt, just wish we'd got him when we could have but that was back in the days when shelling out £!m for the most promising youngster outside the Premiership was out of our league.

I would like Davies to sign for us , but am surprised no one has made a move for Distin. He may well be the more realistic option

Does Distin's contract still run out in the summer? Or has he signed a new deal recently? If not then this could be an interesting one to keep an eye on.

well we do need another bc, i dont agree with playing 2 kids if olly is out, along side sicknote laursen, so we need another experianced cb, maybe anthony gardner from tottenham? we aint got a chance of getting curtis davies

Jagielka is an interesting one as he can play defence or midfield if I am correct.

In addition Sheff U have spent a fair bit this month. Not sure he would be on MON's list but it's an interesting one for sure.

Still runs out I think Neil. Certainly have not seen news of an extension being signed

He's might be worth a look then. That would give us two senior centre backs and Laursen to supplement with Cahill and Ridgewell. I say Laursen seperately because, as much as I think he's a good defender we can't afford to rely on him. If/when we get succesful we'll play more games and I'm not sure he'll last.