Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Teh filth is everywhere!

Funny you should mention it, because I heard that FC Lyn Oslo's Nigerian starlet Chinedu Ogbuke is on trial with Wigan. Don't know if it's been mentioned, but he may be worth a look.

I'd take him over his mate at Chelsea, John Obi Mikel, any day.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ogbuke will be massive in Premier League. Maybe the best player that ever has been in the Norwegian Tippeligaen (I think even better than John Carew was when he was here). I think Wigan have made som good signings this winter at low prices (though I would prefer better midfielders than Hæstad at Villa).

And even though Daniel Braaten is very up and down, I would really hope that someone at Villa would take a look at him. He has under 1 year left at his Rosenborg contract and would probably come for max 2-3 million pounds.

Prefers to call himself Edu as well, so sign him up and give him Lee Hendrie's number and I know what I'll have on the back of my next shirt. :winkold:

Why would he want to call Lee Hendrie?

:lol:

Silly me. Of course Lee Hendrie still has a future at Aston Villa FC after this season.

PLAYERS, MANAGERS & TRANSFERS; TRICKY:

06/04/2000 Christian Ziege commenting on being linked with Liverpool: "I've heard reports that I'm unhappy at Middlesbrough but I've never said anything like that. It's not true that I want to leave to go to Liverpool or anywhere else, I'm happy at Middlesbrough."

29/05/2000 'Boro manager Bryan Robson commenting on Ziege's link with the Anfield club: "We have not had one single phone call from Liverpool about Christian. In any case he is part of our plans for next season. We are building a team around him. Christian tells me he is happy here and he is looking forward to next season. End of story."

26/06/2000 Christian Ziege commenting on being linked with various clubs: "My family are happy here. The papers would have me in for a busy summer but I want the fans to know I'm not looking to move anywhere."

28/06/2000 'Boro manager Bryan Robson again commenting on Ziege's £5m move rumour: "The speculation didn't bother me because I know Christian. He enjoyed his first year here and his family are settled. It just annoys me when people say there is a clause in his contract which states he can leave. There's not one player at this club who's got a clause that lets him out in any shape or form."

24/07/2000 Middlesbrough assistant manager Viv Anderson: "Bryan spoke to Christian for long time and there is no question about a move anywhere, let alone Liverpool. In fact, he's so keen to return here he asked to come back early. It's not the sign of a man who wants to be away."

25/07/2000 'Boro assistant manager Viv Anderson again commenting on the Ziege rumour: "He assured me he knew nothing of the rumours linking him to Liverpool. He is an honest lad and he would have told us had there been any contact. He has assured us that he wants to stay."

11/08/2000 Christian Ziege: "I knew that Liverpool had made an enquiry for me, but I had to keep quiet because Middlesbrough had to give me permission to talk to them. This has now been granted owing to help from my advisors and family and I am happy about that. I don't understand why there was such a delay to this decision. Aswell as Liverpool I also know two other clubs interested in talking to me. I am going to have to make some big decisions over the coming days."

29/08/2000 Christian Ziege moves from Middlesbrough to Liverpool for £5.5m

An even funnier one;

03/08/1999 Leeds manager David O'Leary on Hasselbaink's £12m move: "We have a player who has two year left on his contract, but we feel a deal has already been done with Atletico Madrid. It is not right because he is our player and is under contract, we are not too pleased about it at all, we feel a stand has to be made like Arsenal tried to do with Anelka."

04/08/1999 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink moved from Leeds United to Atletico Madrid for £12m

Please dont have a go at me ,just found this on the offical site message board .So dont kill me

Can't say who i am as i work at the club but please stop worrying,

We will have 3 new players in the team for Saurday, this of course is not including Bardsley as he is on loan and cannot play.

Bellamy and Reo Coker are having medicals first thing tomorrow morning and as we speak now the final bits os the SWP deal is being bashed out.

The only problems are the boss wants to sort out a replacement first (bellamy) and Kenyon is apparently in China doing a commercial deal (in the middle of the transfer window - WHY?)

We are also very close to 3 foreign players including a young lad from Marseille who would be our Ronaldo.

You dont have to believe me but you will see i am being 100% truthful.

Exciting times are very very close.

Please dont have a go at me ,just found this on the offical site message board .So dont kill me

We will have 3 new players in the team for Saurday, this of course is not including Bardsley as he is on loan and cannot play.

Bellamy and Reo Coker are having medicals first thing tomorrow morning and as we speak now the final bits os the SWP deal is being bashed out.

The only problems are the boss wants to sort out a replacement first (bellamy) and Kenyon is apparently in China doing a commercial deal (in the middle of the transfer window - WHY?)

We are also very close to 3 foreign players including a young lad from Marseille who would be our Ronaldo.

Bwwhahahahahahaha :lol:, load of shit we shall see cuckoo.gifwave.gif

In your place I'd phone the poster for confirmation.

Would be weird if a club employe would go out with this information, but when he/she cant even type, i smell Sunday poo..

Anyway, lets all pray to our Norse friends that we dont get Bellamy.