Weekends football 10/11 March

andykeenan

Blimey, no English teams left in the Europa League despite the Premier League having done so well in previous seasons. FFS we had a team in the Champions League final last season, and it wasn't too long ago when we had two English teams in it as well. Beggars belief.

Not really, it's just been an culmination of an odd few years.

United have steadily regressed, as they are building another team. City have come out of nowhere and will take a few years to get it right in Europe. Chelsea are in transition. Liverpool have had a period of... well they've been shit since Benitez left. Arsenal seem to have become a finishing school and Spurs are in a similar position to City.

It just goes in cycles. Spain are having a good period now, in a few years it'll be Germany by the looks of things.

So three Villa lads who left to fulfil their dreams of CL football have tonight crashed out of the Europa League.

Might as well have stayed put (apart from the crazy wages they are now on of course). :crylaugh:

Yeah they must really be wishing they had hung around to play for McLeish and battle to get to mid table.

So we are agreed, briny_ear has posted the comment most likely to be laughed at by opposition fans this year? (and yes, I am calling it in March)

I'd go along with that.

Not to mention they HAVE fulfilled their dream (if that was what it was) of playing in the champions league, which they wouldn't have had here. So it doesn't even make sense

I actually spoke to James Milner the other day, he told me he was gutted he couldn't play week in week out with the quality of Alan Hutton, James Collins and Emile Heskey. Apparently Silva, Toure and Aguero aren't quite on the same wavelength as him and he's really frustrated with their league position, claiming battling to finish in that top 12 is far more exciting than looking for a League title.

Honest.

Â