Spectacles

irreverentad

I had mine today, first time in two or three years and phew I only worsened by 0.25 in one eye. (I typed a joke but it was too easy for you people to abuse)

Got a freebie at optical express. Friendly bunch. Bit inexperienced staff but obviously qualified :)

I wore glasses and contacts for 18 years. Hated everything about both. I got laser surgery 8 years ago. Best thing I've ever done besides give up cigarettes.

Gok Wan

He looks Chinese, I'm surprised he's mixed race.
Now, I normally have no time for terminally irritating Mr Wan - the missus loves his fashion shows, but I have to leave the room or I'll find myself chucking things at the screen.

But he had a surprisingly interesting program on Channel 4 last night.

Gok Wan travels to China, meeting the people and factories that supply the West with jeans, bras, bed sheets, mobile phones and even London's black cabs
And making Buddhist offerings to his ancestors, as a request from his dad.

I definitely warmed to him, and I learned quite a bit about the Chinese economic powerhouse into the bargain.

Made in China

I wore glasses and contacts for 18 years. Hated everything about both. I got laser surgery 8 years ago. Best thing I've ever done besides give up cigarettes.

This.

Got mine done in 2001. The best thing Ive ever bought in my opinion.

This.

Got mine done in 2001. The best thing Ive ever bought in my opinion.

Gaaaahh utter rubbish :D

Never worn glasses, haven't had my eyes tested since..erm.. primary school, I guess. I see perfectly well. When you start staining to read stuff is when you should go right? I've never really had to think about it as I've been very lucky with my eye sight.

On a related note, since I was a kid I've been able to make my eyes go out of focus at will, am I special or can everyone do this?

Never worn glasses, haven't had my eyes tested since..erm.. primary school, I guess. I see perfectly well. When you start staining to read stuff is when you should go right? I've never really had to think about it as I've been very lucky with my eye sight.

On a related note, since I was a kid I've been able to make my eyes go out of focus at will, am I special or can everyone do this?

An optician cannot help with that. You need a doctor!

Â