Weekends football 25/26 Feb

andykeenan

He doesn't need to blow the whistle. Messi asked for permission to take it and the ref said he could.

It was a brilliant free kick. For a left footer from the left side to get it in the top right corner is pin point stuff. Made me sit up and pay attention anyway!

Yes, if you take free-kicks in football, the ref asks you "do you want to wait for the whistle" I've never said "no" myself but I'm assuming from the question, there doesn't have to be a whistle if you take it quickly...

but anyway, this made me smile. http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/does-this-video-prove-real-madrid-only-lead-la-liga-by-10-points-due-to-referee-mistakes/#more-147943

but Barca get all the decisions....Poor Real Madrid ;)

Great free-kick, as Stevo says. The fact it was the other way round and about as top corner as it gets made it a pretty special free-kick.

Ronaldo 1 ahead in top scorer race anyway, (the only thing he actually might top Messi in) does help the stupid amount of penalties Real Madrid are given. Ronaldo's goal yesterday was fantastic though.

Messi out of the next game which is a shame but with the title for Madrid all but sealed, least he's actually allowed a rest this season.

Only difference then was that I remember the ref (I think it was Halsey) was standing in front of the ball, as if to slow the free kick down, then he just suddenly pegged it backwards dummying our defence. Within the laws of the game no doubt but I have hated Halsey ever since for applying it in such a nobbish fashion.

Yes, if you take free-kicks in football, the ref asks you "do you want to wait for the whistle" I've never said "no" myself but I'm assuming from the question, there doesn't have to be a whistle if you take it quickly...

I think, but I may be wrong, if the team taking the freekick asks for the wall to be moved back, then they have to wait for the whistle.

But unless the ref tells you you need to wait for it, you don't.

Same anywher eon the pitch, you can take a quick free kick unless the ref has a reason not to let you. Same situation here.

It was quick thinking, and a brilliant strike.

I think, but I may be wrong, if the team taking the freekick asks for the wall to be moved back, then they have to wait for the whistle.

But unless the ref tells you you need to wait for it, you don't.

Same anywher eon the pitch, you can take a quick free kick unless the ref has a reason not to let you. Same situation here.

It was quick thinking, and a brilliant strike.

Nah that's true. I think what I was said was wrong, well sorta. Most refs ask if you want the wall to be moved back, definitely had a few that have said, "do you want to wait for the whistle" though presuming you know what they mean. Yours is correct though and used far more often.

Â