Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have just bitten the bullet and put £100 on at 12/1 for Villa to get relegated.

I hated doing it but my logic went like this. If we stay up, and personally with our manager I serious doubt that, I'm happy to wave goodbye to the money.

If we get relegated my two adult season tickets are free next year with £200 spending money on top. Mind you if McLeish is still in charge and we have been relegated I will not be renewing.

Judging by the comments of the bloke behind the counter at Corals I was not the first person to place that sort of bet.

Sad times when its comes to this :cry:

It's sad times when you bet against your own. Sorry mate but that's shocking.

I Can't bet for villa to go down, I just would not feel right..
Why? It doesn't mean you want it to happen and it certainly isn't going to affect the chances of it happening.

I just dont feel right.. I love AVFC and cant back against them.

Also I dont think it will happen, in my heart I know we will survive. Even with Mcnugget in charge.. Im 99% sure we will stay up. I will be 100% sure when we are mathematically safe.

Why? It doesn't mean you want it to happen and it certainly isn't going to affect the chances of it happening.

Yeah I suppose its a win/win situation right?

Everything affects it, the moon, the weather, fans betting against there own.

I personally find it bang out of order.

I will admit I have betted against villa, when we are playing Manure at Old trafford that is a win/win situation., but that is as far as i will go.. I would never bet for villa to Get relegated though..

But your winnings from that will be so small. It is obvious Villa will lose at Old Trafford and the bookies odds reflect that.

You never find a poor bookmaker.

I will admit I have betted against villa, when we are playing Manure at Old trafford that is a win/win situation., but that is as far as i will go.. I would never bet for villa to Get relegated though..

A bit hypocritical after stating "I just dont feel right.. I love AVFC and cant back against them".

Whether it is the result of one game or the cumulative effect of a disastrous season it doesn't matter. You either do or you don't. There is no right or wrong but there is hypocrisy.

A bit hypocritical after stating "I just dont feel right.. I love AVFC and cant back against them".

Whether it is the result of one game or the cumulative effect of a disastrous season it doesn't matter. You either do or you don't. There is no right or wrong but there is hypocrisy.

There is most definitely wrong.

If it happens I hope you really enjoy your winnings. But I dont see how you could.

Yeah but its not the same as backing for them to be Relegated to the Championship, as compared to 1 game. Completely different situations. You cant compre backing against your team in 1 Game , that we were never going to win, than getting relegated. Completely Different Situations imo.

If Villa get relegated it won't be down to a gypsy curse or some trick that god played to spite the fans who bet against us. It'll be due to having a shit manager, something that won't change regardless of whatever bets get made or don't.

I see it as an insurance policy, nothing wrong with it (although I won't be making such a bet myself).

Also, look at it this way: the more of us that bet on us getting relegated, the more it's likely to drive down he price. Therefore, by betting against us you may be decreasing the profits that opposition fans would make from our failure :lol:

Yeah but its not the same as backing for them to be Relegated to the Championship, as compared to 1 game. Completely different situations. You cant compre backing against your team in 1 Game , that we were never going to win, than getting relegated. Completely Different Situations imo.

1 game that we were never going to win! That's McLeish talk!

We have won at Old Trafford previously so although it was unlikely with McLeish in charge, it was certainly not impossible.

You could equally have a bet on every game this season based on the logic that 'we are not going to win it' because to be honest, I haven't fancied our chances in any game this season.

In view of this, backing against the Villa in 1 game 38 times would be no different to backing them to go down.

Dont really see the problem in baking against them if you want to, if you think something is going to happen win, lose, draw or relegation then why not? It wont effect the outcome and if you did win by backing against them then maybe you wont 'enjoy' the money but maybe that money would make life a bit easier by paying for a bill or something.

Agree, it's the type of thing a dirty nose would do

I disagree, A dirty nose would never do that. You have to have some foresight and that requires having a brain so they would be most definitely excluded.

Odd, I was just on the OS and I clicked on the page to see the training gallery, this is all that comes up.

championship.png

Is our relegation an inside job? :suspect:

Maybe they are 'Beta' testing the web site in readiness for next season under McLeish!