CPR, Best Advert?

b6bloke

I'm at work so can't watch the vids, but that Vinnie one, promoting Hands-Only CPR, I don't get it. I've been taught my whole life to use mouth to mouth aswell and now I'm being told to forget that part by Vinnie Jones who says "only kiss your mrs on the lips"?

Only seen the ad once though, is it a specific CPR?

I'm at work so can't watch the vids, but that Vinnie one, promoting Hands-Only CPR, I don't get it. I've been taught my whole life to use mouth to mouth aswell and now I'm being told to forget that part by Vinnie Jones who says "only kiss your mrs on the lips"?

Only seen the ad once though, is it a specific CPR?

Untrained people suck at giving rescue breaths. As such the benefit from doing it isn't as high as someone who is trained to do so.

Chest compressions alone are far better than doing nothing, and people are far more likely to step in and do chest compressions than they are to do mouth to mouth.

If you're trained in CPR it's obviously best to use rescue breaths as well, but if you're not, then hands only is better than doing nothing, which is what most people do because "eww I'm not giving them mouth to mouth".

Â