Golf Season 2012

CI

The actual open at lytham, or the Irish one?- if you mean the proper British open, then it's been pay (through the nose) on the gate the past few times.

There used to be a hole in the fence, but they sorted that out before the last one.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you may have put the mockers on Rose there, although still a long way to go yet obviously. Tiger looking dangerous, can he hold it together for the whole weekend though?

No, i was watching last night and the camera went to Oosthuizen who was at the tee, in the background you could see houses and cars flying past. Dont get me wrong, the course itself is amazing no doubt, but the surrounding location is pap. My missus even said to me "it's in the middle of a council estate!".

Why the hell has a links course got internal out of bounds??

No, i was watching last night and ... in the background you could see houses and cars flying past... the surrounding location is pap. My missus even said to me "it's in the middle of a council estate!"...

How very dare you & she! - It's hardly a council estate, and it's far from pap - I live in Lytham, and it's lovely.

Yes the course is in amongst houses and there's a railway line alongside, but it's not a council estate. Some of the houses are worth an absolute fortune.

It's basically an old Victorian town, with a mix of different types of houses - grand old mansions, semis and more down to earth workers terraces, as well as some more modern flats and houses that have been built near the course and also cost a bomb.

St Annes on sea is rather less lovely than Lytham, I'll admit, but even then, there are a lot worse places.

I think the internal out of bounds is where there's a footpath/right of way across the course.

:lol:

Sorry Blandy, no offence intended!

I realise Lytham is a really nice area, you'll have to excuse the missus's ignorance...i shall beasty her when i return home! :winkold:

I think it just that when you think of links golf, you think costal not necessarily in the middle of a town.

Not sure about that internal out of bounds tho? The course im a member at has a public right of way accross 3 holes that run parallel yet the only out of bounds are the course boundries. Strange one really.

:lol:

Sorry Blandy, no offence intended!.....when you think of links golf, you think costal not necessarily in the middle of a town....

None taken :)

It is coastal, it's maybe 500 metres from the oggin, just as you say, there's some housing between the course and the sea. If they do any aerial shots, you'll probably see.

[Ooh 15,000 posts - I could have got something done, instead]

Got each way money on 7 different players this championship, it's fair to say I went for it! Only Mickelson letting me down so far, can't see him making the cut although most seem to be struggling today.

No, i was watching last night and ... in the background you could see houses and cars flying past... the surrounding location is pap. My missus even said to me "it's in the middle of a council estate!"...

How very dare you & she! - It's hardly a council estate, and it's far from pap - I live in Lytham, and it's lovely.

Yes the course is in amongst houses and there's a railway line alongside, but it's not a council estate. Some of the houses are worth an absolute fortune.

It's basically an old Victorian town, with a mix of different types of houses - grand old mansions, semis and more down to earth workers terraces, as well as some more modern flats and houses that have been built near the course and also cost a bomb.

St Annes on sea is rather less lovely than Lytham, I'll admit, but even then, there are a lot worse places.

I think the internal out of bounds is where there's a footpath/right of way across the course.

I'm sure it's not so bad, it's just certain shots that don't do it many favours eg. The backdrop to the 15th tee

Â