Golf Season 2012

CI

Having said that it was still a very good chip out of the straw pine

125 yard hooked gap wedge off pine straw through/over trees...... to 7 feet...... in a sudden death playoff in a major.......

Qualifies as very good chip I suppose...

To be honest when Bubba clattered his ball into the trees in the play off, there's a window of time where the ball is off camera and it's a bit of a coincidence how when found he has a perfect lie and shot into the green

Bit too coincidental for me

Don't be so completely and utterly ridiculous.

There's thousands of people there watching and probably hundreds looking for that ball. You think no-one would have noticed and said something?

And if that's a "perfect lie" then I'd hate to see a bad one.

Yes it wasn't bad, but it still required a brilliant shot to make anything out of it.

Ooustheizen seemed to hit his into the trees as well but his ended up on the edge of the fairway.

Coincidence?!?!?!?!!!!!!!11111!!!!

To be honest when Bubba clattered his ball into the trees in the play off, there's a window of time where the ball is off camera and it's a bit of a coincidence how when found he has a perfect lie and shot into the green

Bit too coincidental for me

Don't be so completely and utterly ridiculous.

There's thousands of people there watching and probably hundreds looking for that ball. You think no-one would have noticed and said something?!

Again it happens, its happened a number of times in the Ryder Cup and there are plenty of people and cameras about there too.

just as it is possible that someone may have put Michelson's ball in the middle of the bundu on the 4th.

To be fair, you could clearly see Michelson's shot bounce off the stand and into the woods

• 2 weeks later...

Was on a Corporate Gold Day Yesterday at The Belfry

My recommendation to anyone thinking of paying good money to play here is DON'T BOTHER

The place is trading off it's history, the coarses are over-priced and over-rated aswell as overcrowded.

The marshalls are arogant and pushy and still think this is a top Golfing destination, it isn't.

The locker rooms are smelly and dirty, I honestly was shocked at how poor the whole set up is now.

A venue still dining out on its old Glory Days

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Yeah the Brab mate

The only decent bit was the evening meal after the golf which was served up in a rather dated/shabby "Ryder Room" but the food was 7 out of 10

The course is ok, not immaculate albeit it has been very wet, the little things are missing, tee boxes replenished, clean towels by ball wash, tees a little shabby. Drainage is generally not great on that course, I know we've had rain but still. I've never loved the coarse due to road noise etc but some of the peripheral stuff is now shocking. There is no excuse for dirty changing rooms at ANY club.

Basically they are overplaying that coarse IMHO and it shows

Don't think I've played that one. Love The Arden course, particularly the back 9 through the Deer Reserve

Played Tenerife last week, Lovely course Costa Adeje, 2 ball me & my son + buggy + lunch, 125 Euros. Brilliant Service, immaculate course, good food and beer, just nice

Don't think I've played that one. Love The Arden course, particularly the back 9 through the Deer Reserve

Played Tenerife last week, Lovely course Costa Adeje, 2 ball me & my son + buggy + lunch, 125 Euros. Brilliant Service, immaculate course, good food and beer, just nice

My mistake, that is the one i was on about. The setting is beautiful, cracking course that.

Dean Kiely is good friends with one of my best mates, and he has just joined my golf club (Hagley) from The Forest. I played with him a couple of weeks ago and he said what a nice place it was. He was saying the only thing he hated and one of the main reasons he left was that even as a full member you had to ring and book a tee-time which he found hard as he is still involve with the Albion as a coach, where as at Hagley, you just turn up and if the tee is clear & no comp you just carry on, also no non-members before 10:30 which is nice on a weekend.

Really nice fella tbf, very down to earth and quiet. Playing with him Sunday also.

The Arden course is the Championship course. I played there the other week, I say I played there.... i mean I hacked my way round the course. The worst I have ever played unfortunately. My usually reliable driving was terrible, so I never gave myself a chance of getting a decent score. I think I should have played a bit more regularly before taking on the challenge. Still, it was a good experience. The 18th hole is a bit daunting to say the least.

Has anyone played the Celtic Manor courses? I was emailed a deal to play the Montgomerie and 2010 courses with one night stay for £150ish, and was wondering whether that was a good deal?

The Arden course is the Championship course. I played there the other week, I say I played there.... i mean I hacked my way round the course. The worst I have ever played unfortunately. My usually reliable driving was terrible, so I never gave myself a chance of getting a decent score. I think I should have played a bit more regularly before taking on the challenge. Still, it was a good experience. The 18th hole is a bit daunting to say the least.

Has anyone played the Celtic Manor courses? I was emailed a deal to play the Montgomerie and 2010 courses with one night stay for £150ish, and was wondering whether that was a good deal?

I thought it was!

Ive played the Roman Road course which ok & the Montgomerie which is nice but a **** of a walk...mountain goat territory!

I'd say £150 is a good deal to play the 2010 course and 1 of the others, assuming you get a breakfast and evening meal also. Not played the 2010 but im assuming its very nice.

Played The Montgomerie, the one thing to watch with CM, is it always rains

It has its only micro climate

The hotel is nice, the service is top notch and the food is +AA Rosette standard

A nice break all in all

Think its the 14th hole at the Forest (Arden) that is SI 1.

Yet you stand on the tee and look at it, it's just long, perfectly straight, yet I always **** it up

Â