Golf Season 2012

CI

Think its the 14th hole at the Forest (Arden) that is SI 1.

Yet you stand on the tee and look at it, it's just long, perfectly straight, yet I always **** it up

I know that feeling. There is a par 3 at Hagley, the 12th, 199 yards off the whites down hill, out of bounds left, loads of room to the right, bunker at the back of the green so as long as you keep it straight your ok, you can run it down there if you want or bail out right.

Every **** time i pull the thing left out of bounds!!!! :x

Christ yes, you get those holes

Time and time again, you stand on the tee, you visualise your shot, you know excatly where not to go

Yet the ball gets sucked in, it's such a frustrating sport

Certain holes IMHO just "lean" a certain way, no matter what you do, your ball gets pulled in like a magnet

Crazy game

Haha yeah totally.

I scored 24 points yesterday playing off 20 in very tricky conditions so not bad on the Brab

Also, excited as i rediscovered my 5 iron, which was lovely, hitting a couple of 180 yarders full on into the breeze and nailing the green

Is there a better feeling in life ?

Wasnt too bad on Saturday. We played an easier course as Hagley was shut due to the weather, we went to Ombersley.

As stupid as it sounds, i didnt actually play that well. I was driving the ball fairly well, but my long irons (3-6) were'nt really working for me. A couple of times i pulled the ball left. I managed to scramble well and only had one 3 putt all round. My putting made my round, everything from withing 6 foot i was finding the cup. Anything from around 100-120 yards i was finding the green. I also only found 1 green out of 4 par 3's.

Thanks for the views on Celtic Manor. I may give it a go depending on finances.

It sounds like you guys are playing pretty well at the moment. I need to get out onto the course a bit more regularly, or at least the range. 18 holes of golf a month isn't enough to improve my game, now it remains to find the time and also convince the Wife and Kids. :lol:

I play with ProV1 when playing well. If playing badly and looking like losing a load of golf balls then I switch to a random ball from my bag, although if i have some i play with Nike PD soft feel.

Got a monthly medal on Saturday. I always seem to have 1 hole in a medal that just trashes my card! Going along nicely around level par net, then BOOM....i'll get a 6 or 7 on a par 4, then i start chasing par's and birdies and end up finishing about 5 or 6 over net!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â