Tony Blair Incorporated

PauloBarnesi

Its nothing about the earning of money; every politician does that during and after the time in politics. Its just the amount of tax he pays. Both Labour and Tory have shouted out about tax avoidance, and then do quite the opposite. Blair’s finances are murky, because he wants to pay as little tax as possible, hence not becoming a peer. Blair talked about stopping tax avoidance through loop holes before he became PM, but under Labour and now the Tories, nothing happened and it became rife (how much do Vodafone pay?!).

if its about the non-payment of tax rather than the earning of the money, then i think its disgraceful of Blair and any other Brit who would do that.

So you've never paid cash to dodge the VAT on goods or a service?

Fair play to anyone who can stop the bastards getting at their money - I do my level best to pay as little tax as possible. If HMRC want it, get better at getting it. Simple.

Tony Blair was my favourite PM, and so what if he earns loads of money now?

he earnt peanuts in the years he was PM.

An equivalent job in the private sector (Chief Exec of UK Plc) would have been earning him £6-10mill a year.

so he should have earnt around £50mill as salary over 10 years as PM if wages were at private sector equivalent.

Its nothing about the earning of money; every politician does that during and after the time in politics. Its just the amount of tax he pays. Both Labour and Tory have shouted out about tax avoidance, and then do quite the opposite. Blair’s finances are murky, because he wants to pay as little tax as possible, hence not becoming a peer. Blair talked about stopping tax avoidance through loop holes before he became PM, but under Labour and now the Tories, nothing happened and it became rife (how much do Vodafone pay?!).

You make it out as though this was something unique to Blair. A quick trawl on tax avoidance on things like Corp Tax will show that this is pretty much the norm rather than the exception across lots of organisations.

Fair play to anyone who can stop the bastards getting at their money - I do my level best to pay as little tax as possible. If HMRC want it, get better at getting it. Simple.

So you are happy to basically break the law?

Yup - and don't for one moment try to tell me you have never broken a law in your life.

I cant condone breaking the law, but using the tax system to your own advantage maybe. My main job I pay normal tax like anybody else but for my private work I use the system to suit my needs as I think Im getting taxed more than enough already.

Yup - and don't for one moment try to tell me you have never broken a law in your life.

Good to see your Tory "ideals" ooozing out. :-)

So on a public forum you are happy to announce to the world that you would (and do?) avoid paying VAT on things that you should? Interesting philosophy.

VAT (implemented by the Tory party in the past and only ever raised by Tory Gvmt's) is something that I am sure most would love to avoid paying. No one likes paying taxes but the reality is that we all have to do that.

Tony Blair was my favourite PM, and so what if he earns loads of money now?

he earnt peanuts in the years he was PM.

An equivalent job in the private sector (Chief Exec of UK Plc) would have been earning him £6-10mill a year.

so he should have earnt around £50mill as salary over 10 years as PM if wages were at private sector equivalent.

You make it out as though this was something unique to Blair. A quick trawl on tax avoidance on things like Corp Tax will show that this is pretty much the norm rather than the exception across lots of organisations.

I haven’t made out its unique; its murky and he wants to keep it that way. Its just another case of a politician saying one thing and doing another. In the end its you and I who end up paying for this.

- Iraq he'd be remembered fondly.

Iraq and Anti-terrorism legislation, taken together made me join a different party - don't believe they've changed enough for them to appeal to me. Even if my own party aren't exactly where I'd like them to be. Not good enough at coalition, odd really as Scottish and Welsh examples of coalition/budget negotiation have been rather exemplorary.

Watching tv and on my phone but straight away that list of Blairs achievements doesn't seem to hold water

According to the Office for National Statistics, from 1997-2006, youth unemployment had risen under New Labour from 665,000 to 702,000.

Crime dropped because the way crimes were reported was changed in 2002 however a study from 2009 found

The study, by the independent House of Commons Library, shows violence against the person increased from 618,417 to 887,942 last year.

I'm sure I could find many more once my tv prog finishes

Oh and the difference between me and Tony Blair is I pay my taxes where as Blair doesnt

Meh.

I've worked for people richer than him who haven't achieved anything on his kind of scale. Regardless of what I think of his politics he's paid a heavy price for his fortune.

Good luck to the bloke.

People seem to confusing things here; its not how much he earns. Its how much tax he pays, and why he’s created a myriad of companies to make it hard to work out. He’s being elusive about what these £8 million expenses are being spent on.

Is he being illegal? No

Is he morally doing what he should do? Well thats for you to decide. As I ve said the Labour and Tory parties have claimed they want to stop tax avoidance, by stopping loopholes and the Inland Revenue making agreements. Blair certainly spoke about this in 1994, yet here he is doing the opposite.

I want him to earn millions and millions, so he can give millions and millions back in tax. Somehow this isn’t happening.

When people talk about Blair often they forget the things he was involved with while at number 10

one question for you if blair is such a great guy why did he leave and hand over to brown just before the economy crumbled and we hhit recession?

he knew this was going to happen and weaseled his way out before times got hard and people saw through his fake image. i wasnt a brown fan but at least he had the guts to try tackle the problems

blair is a coward no respect for him whatsoever

For a man that won 3 elections and came in as a breath of fresh air he's got to be one of the most despised people in the country something he achieved in a very short time ... I guess due to his illegal war and his wife

I disagree.

His wife had nothing to do with it.

Â