xmas present ideas

leemond2008

Yup the word 'properly' worried me. Yup she now has me by the short & curlies!!!!

How much is 'properly'? arrrgh. Why did I not seek VT approval

Do I say option 2 then suprise her with something worth £40 ish?

You really are shit at this.

NO. :bang:

DO IT PROPERLY.

You have now probably dropped yourself in it to the tune of £100 as it is. DONT MAKE IT WORSE

I should qualify any advice by saying that I have recently hit a massive fail in my love life, so this is pretty much like Sven Goran Eriksen giving managerial advice to Arsene Wenger.

:lol:

No, no no no no no no no no NO. Do not even entertain the idea of mentioning option 2; if you're desperate to surprise her then just get her a present that's above and beyond the call of duty, nice jewellery or something akin.

Yup the word 'properly' worried me. Yup she now has me by the short & curlies!!!!

DO IT PROPERLY.

You have now probably dropped yourself in it to the tune of £100 as it is. DONT MAKE IT WORSE

£100 ??!!! No way!

But £40-£50 is surely doing it properly? It is only a short relationship so far.

If she gets me something crap for £10 and I buy her something for £40-£50, I seem fantastic do I not?

Haha, you got owned! I like this girl...

Can't believe you text her without the 'Villatalk Approval' (not to be confused with Postma Approved, BTW)

My fella is studying to be a teacher, was in perhaps a similar situation to yourself and he cleverly picked the option of saying, instead of buying presents why don't we put some money together and go away for the weekend to a city of your (my) choice.

Cost us 50 quid each, he knows I'm a happy bunny because I got the choice of where we go and we get a weekend away for it just before Christmas.

Winner.

Clever fella!

although I have only been with her for a little over 2 months. Not sure if I would want to spend 3 days or so with her at a time yet....

Then how about a night away?

It's time to stop believing any option other than 3 even exists.

I'd say set YOURSELF a budget of £50 (don't even breathe the word "budget" to her) and then make her something cheap but thoughtful on top of that.

Don't worry about any financial deficit in gift value, because however much you outdo her by will be recompensed back to you in sexual gratification.

DO IT PROPERLY.

£100 ??!!! No way!

But £40-£50 is surely doing it properly? It is only a short relationship so far.

If she gets me something crap for £10 and I buy her something for £40-£50, I seem fantastic do I not?

I'd say that £40-£50 is the "get out of this unscathed bare minimum but length of relationship is clearly a factor in that.

In order to satisfy Lady E, Christmas is ususally a £100 plus affair with flowers on top. This year, its an iPad2. :?

Haha, you got owned! I like this girl...

Can't believe you text her without the 'Villatalk Approval' (not to be confused with Postma Approved, BTW)

My fella is studying to be a teacher, was in perhaps a similar situation to yourself and he cleverly picked the option of saying, instead of buying presents why don't we put some money together and go away for the weekend to a city of your (my) choice.

Cost us 50 quid each, he knows I'm a happy bunny because I got the choice of where we go and we get a weekend away for it just before Christmas.

Winner.

Clever fella!

although I have only been with her for a little over 2 months. Not sure if I would want to spend 3 days or so with her at a time yet....

Then how about a night away?

It's time to stop believing any option other than 3 even exists.

She has a young son and will not part. So a night away would not be that 'fun'....if you know what I mean

£50 is about right for 2 months, but as others have said, add something else with a personal touch. Something like some photos or hand made stuff, have a think about the presentation too! Nothing goes down better than a sparkly box filled with all sorts of shiny crap.

I'd say set YOURSELF a budget of £50 (don't even breathe the word "budget" to her) and then make her something cheap but thoughtful on top of that.

Don't worry about any financial deficit in gift value, because however much you outdo her by will be recompensed back to you in sexual gratification.

But what if she has spent £75 on me? So do I discuss this figure with her? just not call it a budget....

Ok. Well I think you have no option but to do it 'properly' - can't believe she used that word, scathing!

First things first, have you text her back yet?

We really should discuss as first line of action, what you need to text back - before going any further.

Incidentally, for a Brucie bonus I'd throw in getting her son a decent present as well. She will absolutely love that, I guarantee.

Good plan.....extra points for something practical eg a coat for winter?

**** sake....

C'mon buddy - when did you ever appreciate getting clothes when you were a kid? Get him something that'll keep him occupied for a while, during which time she shows her appreciation for you're present... Lego is always a winner.

But what if she has spent £75 on me? So do I discuss this figure with her? just not call it a budget....

No don't discuss a number or the b word.

How about a reply of "You don't need to do anything for me - shall we just see what Santa brings?"

Then you have maintained the mystery, and lowered her expectations of what she needs to get you. You come up with a decent gift and the wrong 'un will be yours by Boxing Day.

Â