Groupon !

veloman

They are if you are looking for something.

It's essentially a marketing campaign by companies. Often they barely cover their costs.

The idea is to generate new business but now other sites have come about people are more savvy and rarely return.

You do save a lot and the products available are a lot more varied now than a year or so ago.

It's a genius little business concept, and they just had a massive IPO this week. But I just wonder how many times a business will continue go back to use Groupon, when they are ones that benefit the least.

prefer hot UK deals personally

They're totally different though.

I check hotukdeals a few times per day and have picked up some great deals (including a TV yesterday).

I get the daily Groupon emails from a couple of areas. I've taken up 7 or 8 offers over the last year including 'posh' meals, good fish and chips, indoor karting, and business class flights for the same price as economy. I go via topcashback to 'save' even more money.

I try to remind myself that 'it's only a bargain if you wanted it in the first place', but there have been a few times I've simply treated myself. :)

Â