Lanzarote

Si.

Going to Lanzarote (Costa Teguise) on Wednesday just wondered if anybody has been there before this time of year? Whats the weather like?

Also are there any places you recommend going?

Cheers

good winter sun destination although it can get quite windy. landing and taking off from there can be pretty tricky in comparison with other destinations.

only know that from a friend who is a pilot. I have only ever been to Tin of beef (Tenerife) before.

nice this time of year there and it hardly ever rains.

Went earlier this year. Can get very windy at night and if it is cloudy don't think you won't get sun burnt.

Very quiet resort so if you fancy nightlife you will need to get. In a taxi to Puerta del Carmen which is about 45 mins away

^

I prefer Dorada myself :lol:

But yeah it should be fair if you are lucky, it's a little changeable around this time of year though.

I also echo the recommendation on Timanfaya National Park (Fire Mountain). Some nice vineyards along the way if you fancied a taster?!

The seafood is delicious in Playa Blanca, which is where I stayed. I'd recommend a digestif by the name of honey rum/Ron Miel too.

Recently came back from Fuerteventura which is very close. Weather was mid to high 20s all the time, bit windy but nothing like is made out. I was on the San Miguel the whole time so liked that. I took the boat over to the Rubicon marina in Lanzarote and it was nice, but the food in cafes and bars was awful. Oh and don't bother learning Spanish, you only deprive the locals of learning a bit more English which is their livelihood.

Â