Asian Champions League Semi-Final goes off

Ponky

Hello ..

Ittihad from Saudi Arabia have lost against a Korean team in Jeddah "In Saudi" .. ~_~

Although I'm not an Ittihad fan but I'm with them as they are our embassador there .. << Actually my team went down last season because of some bad attitude from the management then they took from us some points which caused us division one ! ~

Just the type of country you want hosting the world cup

Yeah, because the Al-Sadd players are the ones hosting the world cup.

I was under the impression they were qatari champions and ambassadors for their country there?

Terrible refereeing, obviously. He could have stopped play himself for a head injury and had another opportunity to clamp down with a nice round of cards when Suwon were bitching about the goal. I haven't got the slightest sympathy for the Koreans, though. They played on and put in a cross while the Al Sadd players were signaling to kick it out, then their only defense against the goal is some wistful hope for the other team to be sporting?

After seeing Suwon play on, Al Sadd continue to challenge for the ball all the way as it goes out of play, plus the player who 'gave' the ball to Al Sadd seems only to have done so because he miscontrolled it then got surrounded. Therefore it's utterly naive to saunter around assuming the ball was going to come back to them on a silver platter. What are their back line still doing in the Al Sadd half anyhow? Even if they do receive the ball back it'll be to their keeper or maybe go out for a throw in their own half, and that's without even mentioning the suspicious movement of Niang, who was clearly running towards the half way line before the ball was played for him. It's like Suwon expected to get the ball passed back to them along the floor so they could immediately resume banging crosses in.

Then they think they have the freedom to vent their frustration by squaring off on the other team and use a pitch invasion (from one of their fans) as an excuse to do do some shitkicking. One of their subs ran on to do some Taekwondo and the Keita bloke is the only one to get a red? fkn LOL.

Just really annoys me to see that petulance. It is not and should not be a rule that you have to give the ball back after an opposition player puts it out. If it becomes a rule, then it stops being what it is - a symbol of respect and sportsmanship. It's like, 'This is only a game; I respect you; I'm surrendering possession so something more important can be attended to for a moment'. Then the other team gives it back saying 'yes, very noble, appreciated, carry on'. The goal was unsporting, but when it didn't suit them before the goal I didn't see the Korean side displaying much sportsmanship either. After it they showed no professionalism. No tears shed.

I mean seriously wtflol is this guy doing:

art-fight1-420x0.jpg

And he didn't get any sanction in match or post match. Joke of a competition.

Just the type of country you want hosting the world cup

Yeah, because the Al-Sadd players are the ones hosting the world cup.

I was under the impression they were qatari champions and ambassadors for their country there?

so when Chelsea act petulantly vs barcelona a few years ago they represented England? not the type of country you want hosting a world cup ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Â